Chapter 17: Guests

Naeun's POV

Hoseok looked at me, looking as much shocked as I am, as my eyes travelled to the person who keep his company.

Min Yoongi.

And that is when I remembered Jungkook told me that Yoongi's hometown is in Daegu.

So maybe he is paying for a visit to his parents in Daegu and he brought Hoseok along with him to keep him company.

"Naeun-ah,"

Hoseok's soft voice called, snapping me out of my thoughts, as I shifted my attention to him.

"Oh? Naeun-ah?", Yoongi smiled, looking surprised to see me here.

Right at that moment, Dowoon came, standing next to me, and Hoseok shifted his gaze at him.

"Who's...this?", he asked.

I linked my arms with Dowoon, as I gave him a cold glare.

"None of your business,"

Then, we both walked out of the convenient store, leaving Hoseok and Yoongi clueless.

We both head home directly, and Dowoon stopped in front of my house, not following my steps into the house.

I turned around to face him, as I asked him, "Why aren't you coming in?"

"I'll just head home," he smiled, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"Ah, if that so, send my regards to your parents.", I smiled brightly at him.

"Eun-ah,"

"Hm?"

"Ah, I guess I forgot to tell you. My parents died five years ago,"

I was so shocked hearing his statement, as I looked at him who had a bright smile on his face.

Dowoon is actually fragile, despite his very cheerful personality. He hides all of his sorrow within himself.

And as a good friend of his, that worries me a lot.

"I guess...I'll go home now," he said, turning around. He would have been walking home if it weren't for me calling his name.

"Hyun Dowoon,"

He turned around to face me, as he flashed me a smile, "Hm?"

"Do you want to come in and have a dinner?"

"It's fine, I'll just make dinner myself.", he kindly refused, smiling assuringly.

"I know you don't usually have a proper dinner because the only thing that you can cook is ramyeon, now get your butt over here!", I nagged him, gesturing him to get in.

He smiled sheepishly at me, as he approached me, and we both walked into the house while Dowoon closed the door behind us.

My grandmother is setting up the table, as she smiled at the both of us. "Come here, kids. Let's eat,"

We had our dinner after chatting about some random stuffs, and when grandmother was about to clean up, I told her that I will be doing it instead of her.

"It's okay, grandmother. I will clean this up. You can have a rest,"

She gave me a sweet smile, before patting my head, and Jungkook walked her towards her room.

I noticed Dowoon smiling while staring at me who's busy collecting all of the plates.

I frowned in confusion at him, as I asked him, "Why are you looking at me like that? It's fucking creepy,"