Chapter 3

"Can you really not come over?" Amanda asked as I pulled on my shoes. The shift had finally ended, it was a boring one to say the least. "No I have to go cash my check. Then go grocery shopping." I said. "Can you do that tomorrow?" She asked as I shook my head.

"If I don't get this done today. It's never going to happen Amanda. Seriously." I responded as she sighed. "Don't make me feel worse then I already do. I hate going to the bank." I groaned as she laughed. "Do you just want me to go with you?" Amanda asked as I smiled.

"It would mean the world." I responded. "Only for you Blue only for you. Let's go. You're driving though. We can pick up my car when we're done." She said as I high-fived her. "Atta girl." I said smiling. We walked out of the locker room as Amanda turned towards me.

"Has Dr Keith talked to you yet?" She asked as I shook my head. "Mandy it's been like a day. Give it a rest." I responded. "I know I know. Just trying to get some info." She joked as I rolled my eyes. "Nosy." I scoffed as she pushed me lightly.

"Blue." I heard someone call behind me. Amanda and I both turned around to see Brady standing there smiling. "Go get em tiger." She said smacking my ass. I turned around and pointed a finger at her, "never again Amanda Marie." She laughed rolling her eyes as I walked up to Brady smiling.

"Hey." I said once I was close enough to him. "Hey. I was going to call you but since I saw you here do you want to get dinner tomorrow night?" He asked as I smiled. "Of course I would love that." I responded. "Ok sounds good. I'll send you the details later." He said as I nodded.

"Ok can't wait. Have a nice rest of your day Brady." I said as he smiled, "you as well Blue." I turned back towards Amanda who was leaning against a wall. "So, spill." She said as I smiled even wider. "Date night tomorrow night. He's sending me the details later." I said as she grabbed my hands.

"My best friend finally moved on." She said jumping up and down. "I'm on the mend you could say." I responded as she cocked her head to the side. "Same thing." She said grabbing my hand pulling me towards the parking lot.

'''

We were finally at the bank and I was next in line. Amanda was in the bathroom doing whatever she was doing. "Next in line please." The lady called as I stepped forwards. "What can I do for you miss?" She asked. "I have a check that I need cashed in. And I'm putting the cash in one of my accounts." I said as she nodded her head.

"Your check please." She said holding out her hand. I handed her my check, "first and last name?" "Blue Charlest-." I started but a loud bang sounded through the air. I covered my ears turning around to see three men in black masks. My heart dropped to the floor. A robbery. All of them had masks over their faces, disguising their identity.

"Everybody hands in the air now. I will shoot." One of the men yelled pointing his gun at the group of people. My hands shot up as my eyes farted between all three. "Against the wall now." Another yelled as I froze in fear. I didn't want to die, I wanted to get married. I wanted to have a full life. I finally started moving as the lady besides me wasn't able to. "I said move." The first man yelled firing a shot into the ceiling. I looked up to see Amanda open the door to the bathroom, oblivious to the situation that was going on.

One of the men pointed a gun towards her as I ran towards her flinging myself in front of her body. "Do not shoot. Please, do not shoot." I said holding my hands up still looking at the man. He paused for a moment almost as if he was studying my face. "Nobody moves." He yelled walking closer to me. My throat became dry as the view of his gun became clearer.

He paused three feet from me pointing a gun at my face. This was it, I was going to die. With a bullet through my skull. The man looked at me for a little longer. "What are you doing man, let's get the money and go." The third man yelled obviously frustrated with the delay. "We have to go now. We can't. We need to go. NOW." The first man said throwing his hands in the air a string of cuss words following. I raised my eyebrows. I didn't know much about robberies but I know it doesn't end up with the criminals running.

"Why man?" One of the other men asked, still very confused. "She's on the list man." He responded turning away. I raised my eyebrows, "Excuse me, what list?" I asked taking a step forward. "Take another step." He said holding the gun aimed towards me. I stopped moving forward as the man cussed again. "We need to go now." He said as the guys groaned loudly grabbing their bags, holding their guns at the people they ran out of the bank.

Once the doors closed I fell to the ground sobbing. The adrenaline had worn off and reality had set in, I could've died. I was held at gun point so many times. My life could've been ended within seconds. "Blue, it's ok it's ok." Amanda said wrapping her arms around me, "the cops are coming." More sobs left my lips but nothing was worse then my confusion.

"What list am I on?" I sobbed as Amanda pulled me closer to her. "I don't know we're gonna figure it out. I promise. It's ok, you're fine. Shhh." "I don't understand." I cried as I looked up at the ceiling. What list was I on and why did they just leave?