Chapter 4

The police had arrived at the scene a good hour ago and I still wasn't allowed to leave. I had been interviewed by at least three different police officers and they all asked me the same questions. What happened? Did I notice any of the suspects? Did they know me?

None of my questions were answered, not one of them. I was finally sick and tired of waiting. "That's it." I said standing up walking towards the chief. "Blue sit down." Amanda said following me. "I'm sick and tired of answering questions and none of mine being answered." I responded as Amanda nodded. "Go kick some ass." She said as I laughed lightly.

I walked up towards the chief who was in the middle of a conversation. "Blue Charleston." He said as I held out my hand. "Good to see you know who I am." I said as he shook my hand. "I'm afraid we need to take you to the station and ask you a few more questions." He said as I shook my head.

"With all due respect chief, I've talked to three of your detectives. I've answered about thirty questions and not one of my questions has been answered. I need answers now." I said straight up as the chief laughed. "Very straight forward I like you." He said, "what questions can I answer for you?"

"I only have one." I said as he nodded his head. "If I'm not mistaken the men took off when they saw you?" He asked as I nodded my head. "Yes, they said I was on some sort of list and that they needed to go. I'm not affiliated with any gangs. I'm a nurse for the hospital. Can you help me explain what list they were talking about?" I asked as he thought for a minute.

"The list you are on Blue, it's called the No Harm List. It is a formal list that is taken very seriously by the gangs throughout the country. Only a select few are on the list. The list is made by the top gang leaders of America. Each leader is allowed to put one person on the list." He started as my head started spinning. A gang, I knew someone that was associated with a gang? No way, it wasn't possible.

"If you're on the list it means that anyone affiliated in any gang is not allowed to hurt you in anyway shape or form. And if you are hurt or even worse killed on accident. A long and painful death will happen to the person. Does that make sense Miss Charleston?" He asked as I nodded my head.

"Barely." I responded. "What can I do to help you further understand the scenario?" He asked as I scoffed. "Find out how the hell I'm on that list when I know nobody in a gang. I grew up in a very wealthy part of Northern California. There is not one family member or close friend. Nobody that would put me on that list is in a gang." I said dropping my head into my hands.

"I will do everything in my power to find out. But I have to make a deal with you." He said as I nodded. "What is it?" I asked. "If we find out the person you have to help us bust them. If the person you know can get you on the list, they're doing serious crime. For serious time." He said as I nodded.

"Of course." I said, "I'll do anything to help." "Here's my card, I'll call you when I know more and when I can send you in." He said as he held out a card. I took it from his hands reading it, "Hank Voight." He nodded his head, "thank you for your time." "Of course, anything to protect the citizens of Los Angeles." He responded.

"One more question Blue." He said as I turned around. "Are there any past family members, friends, ex boyfriends? Specifically ex boyfriends? That could've placed you on the list" He asked as I thought. Grayson. "No sir." I responded turning away.
'''

"So basically nobody can touch you or they die?" Amanda asked shoving a handful of popcorn into her mouth. "Basically." I responded. "That's sick." Amanda was barely able to say with the amount of food in her mouth. "You're disgusting." I said throwing popcorn at her.

"Shut up." She responded glaring at me. My phone started ringing from the kitchen, "let me get that." I said standing up, hoping it was Brady. I picked up my phone seeing it was from a blocked number. I answered the call, "hello?"

The line was silent for a few seconds, "hello?" I asked again. "Don't trust Voight Blue. You're better than that?" An unfamiliar voice said at the other end of the line. My heart dropped, "who are you?" I asked. "You know me Blue. You trust me. Do not trust Voight. I'll see you soon." The voice said as the line went silent.

I pulled my phone away from my ear taking a deep breath. What the hell was going on? "Who was that?" Amanda asked as I shook my head. "I have no idea." I responded walking back towards the couch with my phone in my hand.

This was all too much for me. Being held at gunpoint, an unknown caller, feeling like I'm being followed. It was insane.