Chapter 5

Due to the scenario that happened yesterday Amanda and I were given a weeks paid post-trauma break. Which she had wanted to stay at my apartment, she had major paranoia issues. I had just woken up to my phone ringing.

I grabbed my phone walking onto my balcony, "hello?" I answered not bothering to look at the caller ID. "Hey Blue, it's Brady. I heard what happened yesterday and I just wanted to make sure everything was ok." The other line said as I smiled.

"Ya I'm ok, just a little shaken up. Thanks for asking." I responded. "I'm glad you're ok. I just have a quick question and I'll let you get back to what you were doing." He said as I nodded even though we couldn't see me.

"Ya sure." I said. "I know you're on the trauma paid leave. But would you still like to go on the date tonight?" He asked as my smile grew wider. "Of course. I would love that." I responded. "Ok Blue, I have to get back to work. I'll text you the details. See you tonight." He responded. "Ok see you then." I responded hanging up.

I smiled looking out into the street below me. My eyes wandered to one of the allies a few hundred feet away. The same figure that I had been seeing was standing in the shadows, staring right at me. The hell?

We had a stare down for a good minute and a half. The figure breaking the contact by walking away into the alley. If I were down there I would follow him myself, but that's just not the scenario right now. 

I groaned before walking back inside to see that Amanda was up and staring at me. "Who were you looking at?" She asked as I shook my head. Not wanting to make her paranoia worse. "I just thought I saw someone I knew in high school." I said laughing as she raised her eyebrows. 

"If it has something to do with the list you should call the police Blue." Amanda said trailing off as I sighed sitting down next to her. There's no point in lying to my best friend, "it might Mandy." She dropped her head into her hands groaning very loudly. 

"I do have good news though." I said as she lifted her head up. "I have a date tonight." She smiled as she pulled me into a hug. "So you moved on?" She asked as my smile faded. "Not completely. But I think I just need to go for it and see where it takes me. I need to let him go. He fell off the face of the earth anyways. It's not like I'll ever see him again." I responded. 

Amanda's face lit up, the face of hers that came up with a genius idea. Most likely her idea was stupid since I was talking about "him." I shot her a look basically telling her to shut up. "Just hear me out." She said getting up following me into the kitchen.

"Why don't you just move in with me, you practically live here." I asked trying my best to change the subject. "I would absolutely love that. If you mean it and you're not trying to change the subject." She said as I placed the dishes into the sink.

"I mean it move in." I responded. "Ok," She said, "but Blue. We need to talk about this. If not with the authorities then with me. You can always trust me." Amanda said. "I know I can trust you with all of my heart Amanda." I responded smiling. 

''''

"You look so hot." Amanda said as I rolled my eyes turning around looking at myself in the mirror before faking a gagging noise. "No, don't even start that shit." "Amanda, I'm too old for this shit. I would wear this in college. No." I said starting to pull the straps of the dress off. 

I was wearing a classy black dress that was tighter, you could say and hugged my curves. "I'm not letting you leave if you wear anything else." She said positioning herself in the doorway not letting me get around the frame. 

"I'll punch you Amanda." I said holding my fist back. "Do it no balls." She taunted back as I laughed lowering my fist, "you know I can't hit you." "Yay I win, and just reapply your lipstick and you'll be ready to go." She said smacking my ass as I walked out of the bathroom. "I'll kill you." I threatened. 

"You couldn't even punch me nice try." She said following me downstairs. "Do you wanna do something tomorrow together? A girls day?" I asked as Amanda perked up, smiling widely. "Hell yea what kinda question is that?" She asked as I high fived her. 

"Has he texted you at all yet?" She asked as I looked down at my phone. He was going to pick me up at 6:00 and it was 5:45, I thought he would've at least called or texted me letting me know he was on his way. 

"No nothing." I responded as Amanda looked at me giving me the 'are you serious' look. "He's still got like 15 more minutes." I said rolling my eyes sitting down on the couch next to Amanda who has plopped down a few seconds before. 

I grabbed the remote turning on Netflix continuing one of my gossip girl episodes. I had gotten about halfway through it when Amanda nudged me. I looked towards her to see that she was holding her phone with the time on it. 

It was a quarter past six o'clock and that's when it set in. He wasn't coming and that I had just gotten stood up. "Blue." Amanda started but I cut her off. "He probably has a patient or something going on." I said giving her a light smile. "Don't you think he would've at least called or something babe?" She asked as I looked down at my phone. 

"Not necessarily. Give it ten more minutes." I said as she stared at me with sad eyes. A few minutes later the doorbell rang as I turned towards Amanda smiling at her. She returned the smile grabbing my shoulders. "Go get him you sexy beast." She said as I burst out in a loud laugh. 

I got up and opened the door only to be met with disappointment. It wasn't Brady but instead it was a delivery man, a UPS delivery man to be more specific. My heart hit the floor as he smiled at me, "Blue Charleston?" "Yes that would be me." I responded. 

"If you could please sign here. I have a package for you." He said holding out a pen and pad where I needed to sign. I paused, but I hadn't ordered anything in months. "I think you have the wrong house I haven't ordered anything in months." I sad politely as he paused looking over the papers that were in front of him. 

"No miss addressed and name." He said showing my the papers. I didn't want to be a bother so I laughed, "oh my. Yes I'm so sorry. Here I'll sign it for you." I said signing the papers as he handed me the package. "Have a nice day ma'm. Sorry for the confusion." He said quickly leaving not giving me a chance to respond. 

I sighed heavily as the door shut turning back towards Amanda who had a sad expression on her face. "He's not coming." I said as my chest became heavy. "Screw boys." She responded coming up towards me. I let out another sigh rolling my eyes, "screw boys." I repeated after her. 

!!

long time no see. long story short cause we all know nobody reads authors notes, i have been so busy. i know the usual excuse, but we are back in business baby