Chapter 18

I looked outside of the airplane that Ethan, Grayson, and I were sitting in. We were on a flight to Texas. Not sure what city, hopefully, a bigger one so I can just be a face in the crowd. We were about to land when Grayson grabbed my hand and squeezed it. 

We hadn't said a word to each other since the whole thing with Amanda. I'm apparently still as clueless as the rest of us. One moment we were smiling and laughing and the next there was smoke and bullets. Thankfully none of us were injured. Physically at least. 

Mentally I was beaten, I was pregnant with no home. No career and I was traveling with gang leaders. Thinking about it, I couldn't be in more of a messed up situation. I just wanted to go back to a normal life. Nothing could change how much I wanted that back.  

My ER chaoticness and daily drama with Amanda. Everything was so simple. Now I can't even wrap my mind around my new normal. On the run, constantly. Were things ever going to slow down? I hope so. I want to raise my kid in a home, with a wrap-around porch. 

I want to go back to work. I was snapped out of my thoughts by the plane hitting the ground. I looked towards Ethan and he nodded his head. We were good, we were finally in the clear. "Where are we going?" I whispered to Ethan. 

"An old friend I'm sure you'll be happy to see," Ethan said with a sideways smirk. "I'm not even gonna ask," I replied shaking my head. Within a few minutes, we were off the plane and headed towards the front. Ethan led the way as we weaved through people keeping our heads low. Something I naturally learned how to do through time. 

We stopped at a black SUV as Grayson took my bags and threw them into the back of the car. "I'll sit shotgun," Ethan said lightly pushing Grayson's head as I let out a soft laugh. The first laugh I'd had in a while if I'm being honest. I hopped into the car still keeping my head down, closing the door behind me I let out a big sigh. 

"Damn Blue, I thought you'd be happier to see me after all these years," A familiar voice said in front of me. My head snapped forwards seeing the face of one of our high school best friends. 

Kenny Holland.

"Kenny?" I asked as my smile grew. "In the flesh," He responded turning around pulling me into a tight hug. "You grew up nice," he said laughing as Grayson lightly punched him. "And still together after all these years. Guess I really don't have a chance," he added as we pulled away from the airport. 

During all of high school, Kenny had not stopped tried to "flirt" with me and "get with me" but it was always Grayson. I think it always will be Grayson now. I always knew it was Grayson, I just didn't think in this situation. It was crazy. 

The rest of the drive was filled with laughter from the three boys. But, I sat in silence. It felt like I was at an all-time low in life. But there was no light at the end of the tunnel. How could there be? We were now on the run from federal law. 

"We're here," Kenny said smiling. I looked up to see Kenny staring at me through the rearview mirror. He could tell something was off, I wasn't usually this quiet. Let alone with this group of old friends. This was the "dream team" in high school. The group people wished they were, as cocky as it sounds that's how it was. 

I quickly broke our stare looking to see where our new home was. It was very similar to the previous one we were in. The only difference was this one was the size of a mansion. Well, I take that back. It looked like a ski resort home. It was absolutely beautiful. I turned back to Kenny, "this is absolutely beautiful."

He smiled looking at the home, "I built it from the ground up. Well, I didn't obviously but it was my design." I nodded my head my mind immediately darting to where he got the money to do this. He didn't look like he was involved with a gang at all. It was Kenny, he was the softest out of all of the guys by far. He wouldn't ever hurt anybody. 

"It's been a long day do you guys want to get some rest?" Kenny asked as I nodded my head. "I'm good we can stay up and catch up for a bit. But I don't know about those two." Ethan said opening the car door. I followed Ethan out around to the back leaving Grayson to answer for me. 

He knew I was going to rest. I grabbed the bags out of the back of the car carrying them towards the door when I felt the weight being lifted off of my arms. Grayson had taken my bags for me, normally I would argue but this time I was too tired to even begin. Kenny opened the wide double doors and to say the least, I was speechless. 

It was absolutely beautiful. The wood was a mixture of all the right colors, if I hadn't have moved to LA this was my dream home. "I'll show you where your rooms are. Grayson and Blue I hope you two don't mind but you guys are sharing a room." Kenny said as we walked up the stairs to get to the second floor. 

We made a few turns following Kenny and we finally had made it to our rooms. "I'll let you guys get some rest. If you're up for dinner you guys can come down. If not no pressure." Kenny said closing the door. I turned to Grayson and ran into his arms letting the tears freely flow down my face hitting the floor underneath us. 

"Hey, hey, hey. It's okay. We're safe now." He said holding me tight. I didn't say anything tears just kept falling down my face. "Everything is gonna be okay, I promise. We will have a normal life. Just give it time." As much as I wanted to push him away and tell him he was lying. I couldn't.

Some idiotic part of me believes him, and maybe he's right. All of me believes he's right but all of me wants to not believe him. I'm so torn. "I want to lay down," I mumbled as Grayson slowly let go of me. "Do you want me to lay with you?" He asked as I nodded my head. I took off my shoes and got into the bed pulling the covers over me. 

Grayson got in next to me pulling me into his arms and within seconds I was out. 

~~~

hey guys, long time no see. hahah hope this chapter was worth the wait. i got extremely busy and a really bad writers block. and still kinda in the middle of it. PLZ help me with some ideas :) love you all so much. thank you for the support on this book it's insane. hope you all are staying safe during the pandemic!