Chapter 6

I had just gotten out of the shower, cursing at myself for wasting my makeup. I heard my phone vibrate on my nightstand, walking over to it I picked it up seeing a few texts and other notifications. None that I cared about until I saw a missed call and voicemail from an unknown number.

I unlocked my phone going to my voicemails hesitantly pressing the phone to my ear. At first all I heard was a noise scratching. Then I heard a knock at a door, a few seconds later the door creaking open. I arched my eyebrows together, then all blood left my face.

"Are you Blue Charleston?" A voice asked, I wanted to stop listening due to the sudden goosebumps that hit me. I was listening to the conversation that I had just had. After the door had shut there was a quick moment of silence followed by ruffling.

"Open the box and follow the directions. Please." And the voicemail ended. I pulled my phone away from my ear wanting to listen to the conversation again but the message notification was gone. Everything was gone, what the.

I set my phone back down staring at the box that I had set down across the room. I walked towards the box, hesitant to open it. But I didn't know what would happen if I didn't open the box and just threw it away.

I sighed grabbing my car keys opening the box. Once I had opened the box there was a small wooden box, it was oddly familiar to me. I just couldn't put my finger on it. I unlocked the box and inside was a set of small notes. It read,

"Blue. I know you don't trust me anymore. But give me one more chance. Meet me on the corner of Periphery and Avenue. I'll see you there, please leave technology in car and come alone." I crumpled the note in my hand knowing that I had to go there.

There was something inside of me that was pushing me to go there. I knew if I didn't these occurrences would happen more. But, the biggest reason to find out who this was? Was it Brady? An old best friend?

I grabbed my car keys that I had previously tossed to the side quickly throwing an oversized hoodie over my head. "Manda, I'll be back in a few. Need to grab something from the hospital." I said leaving before she could stop me. Here goes nothing.

'''

I parked my car on the corner as I took a deep breath of air. This was so unbelievably sketchy. I must've had serious mental issues to actually show up here. I didn't even know who I was going to be talking to. I looked at my phone again seeing several meaningless notifications.

I turned it off putting it in the center console. I shut off my car getting out locking the door behind me, I looked around seeing that the streets were empty. The street lights were flickering on and off, this was a rougher part of town no doubt about it.

I pulled my hoodie over my head walking across the street to Avenue. Once I got there I scanned the streets groaning seeing that I was alone again. Second time I've been stood up tonight, that's cute.

Within seconds someone had their hand over my mouth. "Don't say anything or this will make everything more complicated." A voice whispered into my ear as my heart fell to the floor. I nodded my head trying my best not to cry.

This was it, I had gotten lucky with death the first encounter. But, this time was going to be different. I tried fighting back kicking at my predator, but it was no use. He was way too strong. "She's on the list. I suggest you let her go." A voice said causing us both to stop.

"Name?" He scoffed jerking me behind him. "B-Blue Charl-Charleston." I stuttered as he cussed loudly throwing me to the side. My body hit a cement wall as I hit the ground with a thud and a few cracks. I groaned rolling onto my back grabbing my shoulder.

A heard footsteps running off as I closed my eyes. Scared of what was next to come, why was I untouchable? "Need help?" A familiar voice asked as I snapped my eyes open. Coming face to face with someone I thought I would never see again.

Ethan Dolan.

The twin of my highschool sweetheart, my best friend. "Ethan?" I asked sitting up resting my back against the wall. "Took you long enough, I've been waiting for an hour." Ethan laughed as I shook my head. "This doesn't make sense." I said rubbing my head.

"Yea, I can understand that. We have a lot to catch up on, come on let me help you up." He said extending an arm as I took his hand helping me up. Once I was on my feet I stared at Ethan, he was so different from how he was in high school.

He had grown at least half a foot and gained twenty pounds in pure muscle. He was intimidating as hell, and it was scary. There was tattoos covering his arms and even a few on his neck. But, the smile. The smile was the same, the same Ethan.

"I've been trying to hunt you down for the past year." Ethan said sighing. "Why?" I asked as he looked at me. "He misses you, so much Blue." He responded as my heart rate increased. "Ethan you remember that he left me right? My sophomore year of college. Dropped me out of thin air. Cut off all communications with me." I said crossing my arms.

During the middle of my sophomore year Grayson cut off all ties with me. He just stopped texting me, calling me, seeing me. I even went to his house and everything was gone. His parents numbers were changed. Everything was gone.

"There's a reason for all of this." Ethan responded as I shook my head. "I got no explanation of everything and you expect me to just accept all of this. I mean what the hell are these Ethan? Tattoos, I understand meaningful ones but these are just. What's going on?" I asked as my head started spinning.

"We need to sit down and talk about this. Blue please." Ethan said as I shook my head. "You need to tell me what's going on right now. Or I'm leaving." I said throwing my hands in the air. "The reason we had to leave is because, we got involved in the wrong things and with the wrong people. It was the only way." Ethan said as I scoffed, "english please Ethan."

"Blue, we got involved in a gang. And Grayson is the leader." Ethan responded.