Chapter 8

[ONE WEEK LATER]

Amanda and I's paid leave was up and we were back working. I was so grateful to be back working. After talking with Ethan I had discovered many things that I wish I weren't involved in. The reason I was on the list.

Ethan and I had agreed on meeting every Saturday to talk more. There was more I needed to find out. I was currently on my lunch break, sitting in my usual corner with a coffee in hand of course. On the table was my lunch, a ceasar salad to be exact.

But I was trying to keep my head down to ignore Brady, I mean c'mon. I opened my textbook studying for boards, they were in a few months and after that, depending on my scores, I could go wherever I wanted in any department.

I wrote more notes down as I sighed, I hate studying, it's always hard for me to stay on task. After a good twenty to thirty minutes of studying I heard my phone vibrate several times in my coat. I grabbed it out seeing a message from an unknown number.

unknown:
meet me in the back, 5 minute

It was Ethan, I have no doubt about it. I immediately deleted the message grabbing my books and coffee. As I turned around I bumped into someone almost dropping everything. "This always happens doesn't it?" Brady asked as I looked up, "ya."

I turned walking the other way back into the hallway trying to get back. "Blue." Brady said following me. "What?? I asked turning around seeing him towering over me. "Look, I'm sorry I didn't call right away. I had an emergency at the hospital and I was there all night." He said as I paused.

"You didn't even call or text me the next day." I responded popping out one hip. "I texted you the next day. And I've called three times since. I thought you were just ignoring me." Brady said as I raised my eyebrows pulling out my phone.

There were no calls or texts from him, at all, nothing. I turned my phone showing him as he shook his head, showing me his phone. "I'm so sorry. I thought you stood me up. I didn't get anything." I said letting go of a breath I didn't know I was holding in.

"I would've thought the same thing," Brady chuckled trailing off, "so, this Friday? Do you wanna try it again? No not showing up no matter what." I smiled, "of course." I mean he dropped the gang for a reason, he's in a better place. Obviously.

"Ok we can talk about it more since my break is over." He said as I responded, "yea, same. See you later." He smiled, that convincing smile, the heart warming smile. There was something about it. I smiled back as he looked down his cheeks heating up.

And with that he was gone. I huffed knowing that I still had to meet than, and that he was possibly responsible for the blocking of Brady's number. I walked out to the back to see that nobody was there, shocker. "You're late." I heard a voice behind me say.

I turned around seeing Ethan, not in a hoodie this time. But a tight black t-shirt, exposing his tattoos along his arms and up his neck. A black beanie over his head, I would be lying if I didn't say he was extremely attractive.

"Got caught up talking to someone," I said walking towards him, "I don't think I wanna know. But I'm still gonna ask, how did you block Brady's number from my phone." Once we were close enough he pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back, despite what Ethan had done I knew I'd always come back to the Dolans.

"It's to protect you B. You know that." Ethan responded letting go of the hug. "He dropped the gang for a reason E." I said dropping my shoulders. "There are many things you don't know yet." He responded as his facial expressions dropped. "It's because you won't tell me." I shot back.

"It's to keep you safe. I just need you to stay away from him." Ethan said as I cringed, "Blue what are you not telling me?" "We're going out this Friday." I responded softly kicking the rocks in front of me feet. Ethan grabbed my shoulders tightly shaking me causing me to look at him.

My eyes found his as fear quickly filled my body, he had never grabbed me like this. As Ethan saw the fear in my eyes his grip loosened dropping my shoulders. "I'm so sorry." Ethan said as I shook my head. "It's fine E." I responded rubbing my shoulders.

"No it's not. I should never do that, I just care so much." Ethan said as my mind wandered so someone else that I hoped still cared about me. "E, I miss him." I said looking down again sadness filling my heart.

"He does too. Trust me." Ethan responded quickly. "Why can't I talk to him or even see him? Does he know you have contact with me?" I asked as Ethan shook his head. "I was going to tell him tonight." Ethan mumbled.

"Ethan." I groaned as he shook his head, "I know, I know. But you have to understand that Gray has more anger issues then he used to before. And he's not gonna handle this well, he wanted to keep you safe. And the fact that I found you, isn't gonna sit well with him."

"I want to see him Ethan, you can't keep him at a distance from me but tell me all of these things." I responded. "Do you still love him?" Ethan asked as I paused. I knew I did deep down but I couldn't tell him. "I don't know how I can after he just left." I responded honestly.

"He did it to keep you safe, how many times do I have to tell you?" Ethan asked frustrated. "But he could've done what you're doing." I shot back as Ethan's phone rang. He looked down at it his eyes becoming wide. "Don't say anything, it's him." Ethan said as my blood ran cold.

I hadn't heard his voice in years. I missed the sound of it, him speaking words of confirmation and love to me. I nodded my head as Ethan answered the call putting it on speaker. "Yo Gray what's up?" Ethan asked.

"Where the hell are you man?" Grayson asked. His voice was a lot deeper and more raspy, more sexy no doubt about it. Goosebumps erupted on my arms as I rubbed my arms trying to get them to go away.

"I had some business to do. With an old friend, I'll be back in like an hour." Ethan responded looking at me. "Have you heard anything about her E? I tried finding out more about the robbery but everything is under wraps. There's nothing." Grayson responded.

"I know she's ok. But she knows Brady, very well you could say." Ethan said as I glared at him. "How do you know?" Grayson asked an angry tone filling his voice. "Gray, I know lots of people. Trust me on this one." Ethan responded scoffing, "you doubt my abilities."

"You need to get her away from him. Whatever it takes, I don't care. Keep her safe." Grayson responded. "Man, I care about her as much as you do bro." Ethan said as Grayson sighed. "I miss her bro." "I know man I miss her too." Ethan said as I held back my voice.

I miss you too.