Chapter 9

It was finally Friday and I had blackmailed Ethan into unblocking Brady's number with a few exceptions. "If he doesn't show up on time," Amanda said grabbing onto a moving box, "I'm gonna kick his ass." She had now dropped the box punting it across the room.

Amanda was finally all moved in and we had a few empty boxes lying around. I let out a laugh at her actions smiling. "He texted me a little bit ago telling me that he was on his way." "Good." She said throwing her body onto my bed.

My phone started to ring as I looked over at it seeing that it was from a close nurse. "Blue Charleston," I said answering the call. "Blue, we need you here immediately." She said as I groaned. "I can't. I'm not available at the moment." I responded.

"We are short five nurses due to the flu virus. It is required that you be here as soon as possible. Cheryl requires it." She said as I nodded my head. "Ok, I'll be there in twenty-five minutes," I answered. Cheryl ran the hospital and I was up on her favorite list. Not wanting to damage the reputation I had worked so hard for I knew I had to go.

I grabbed my nurse backpack and keys as Amanda raised her eyebrows at me. "They're on a nurse shortage. I have to go to the hospital now." I explained as her mouth formed into an o shape. "Maybe it's not meant to be Blue," Amanda said referring to Brady's past.

I had told her everything from meeting Ethan to Brady's past. Everything. "I don't even know. I'm just going with what life is throwing at me. I gotta go I'll see you later, love you." I said pulling her into a hug as she hugged back. "I'm just looking out for you." She responded as I nodded my head.

And with that, I was running down to the car garage dialing Brady's number. "Hey, I'm almost there what's up?" He answered almost immediately. "I have to reschedule," I said out of breath from running to my car.

"Wait, what? Why?" He asked. "There's a major nurse shortage. I was first on the call list I guess." I said pulling my car out of its parking spot speeding to the hospital.

"Are you sure this just isn't your way of ditching me for last time?" Brady joked as I laughed. "I wouldn't do that. I have to go we can replan it if you want." I said.

"I'm sure we can figure out something," Brady responded as I smiled. "Thank you. I'll talk to you later." I said hanging up.

I had finally made it to the hospital pulling up to the valet. "Back to soon Blue." I heard a voice. I turned around and saw Ethan. What the hell.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. "Well I needed a job and the valet had an opening so I decided to take it," Ethan said as I rolled my eyes.

"Does Grayson know about this?" I asked. He paused for a few moments as I smirked. "That's what I thought E," I said tossing him my keys. As I started to jog into the hospital I stopped turning back around yelling, "don't even think about going through my personal belongings either Ethan." 

He shot up a middle finger as I chuckled running into the ER immediately becoming overwhelmed seeing how packed the ER was. There were at least twenty teenagers being rushed in and out of rooms. "Blue here now." I heard Cheryl yell as I tossed my bag behind the desk grabbing gloves putting them over my hands. 

"What the hell happened?" I asked turning towards Cheryl who was panting hard. "Football team was involved in a pileup on the way back from a game." She responded as I took a quick look around the room seeing all of the bloody jersey's. My heart sunk, but I knew I had to do my job to save these kids. 

"Charleston, room 4." I heard a doctor yell as I turned on my heel running to room 4. I walked into the room assisting the paramedics as they moved the boy from the stretcher to the bed. "What do we have here?" The doctor asked as he started examining the boy. "This is Brett Love, 17 years old. He's the star quarterback of the team, has a full ride to Oklahoma University. He has the most minor injuries. Need a full-body x-ray and CT scan." The paramedic said. 

"Ok," the doctor said leaning closer towards Brett, "Brett can you tell me what you remember?" Brett looked towards me then zoned out tears brimming his eyes. "We were celebrating the win, this was going to send us to the state championship. I stood up to say something about how well we played and as I stood up everything went black." Brett started then breaking down. 

I quickly rushed to his side grabbing his hand trying to calm him down. "It's ok Brett, your teammates are in great hands. The best thing you can do right now is calm down, we want to make sure you're good for state. So just take deep breaths with me." I said showing him to follow me in suit. 

After a few minutes passed I had successfully calmed Brett down. "Okay Brett, I think you're all good for now. Page me if you need anything." I said as I turned to leave the room. "Wait." Brett said as I turned back around. "If there still is a game, I mean state. I would like to invite you." He said as I nodded. "I'll be there." I responded, "now get some rest. Dream about winning."

He nodded as I left the room grabbing my bag to go to the locker room. As I turned a corner I ran into a person, it's a serious issue I know. I looked up as my breath hitched. "Blue?" The person asked as my throat became extremely dry. I couldn't breath or move for that matter. 

"Grayson?" 

~~~

hey guys, wow its been a rlly rlly long time. i was going thru one of my lowest times in my life. i just mentally wasnt in the best place. but now school is back in session and im back on a set schedule im doing a lot better. hopefully i can start to update more. 

but PLEASE COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS
that inspires me more than you all know and I WANT TO HEAR YOUR FEEDBACK

also, blue and grayson just like... idk met for the first time in years again? what do you think?