Chapter 7

"Please tell me you're joking. This has to be a joke," I said grabbing my head, "wait. Is that why I'm on the list. He put me on the list?" Ethan stood there with his hands in his pockets. "Blue, please. Let's go get dinner."

I stopped pacing staring at the figure who stood in front of me. "Ok, fine." I said shaking my head. "Ok come on follow me." Ethan said turning around pulling the hood over his head. "I recommend you do the same." He said referring to my hoodie.

I pulled the hoodie over my head as we began walking, I did a little jog to keep up with his pace. "Why can't we just drive?" I asked. "Because if we get in a car together it puts you at risk." He responded. I was obviously confused, "I'm on the list, right? They can't hurt me."

"Just because they can't hurt you doesn't mean they can't hold you for ransom. Especially with me near you." Ethan responded. "But wouldn't they still die?" I asked. "Yes, but money makes you do crazy things. Especially in this world." Ethan said as we turned another corner.

"Have you done crazy things for money?" I questioned as Ethan chuckled, "Me, no. Grayson? Yes." "We aren't talking about Grayson, we're talking about you." I shot back as Ethan held his hands up. "Are we there yet?" I asked groaning.

"We've been walking for two minutes Blue. Give it a break." Ethan said. "Fine," I started, "how did you guys get involved with the ga-." I was cut off by Ethan shaking his head, "you ask too many questions. It's my turn to question you now."

"Shoot away." I joked as Ethan glared at me. "Where are you in life?" Ethan asked as I smiled thinking of all that I have accomplished. "Well I graduated from med school a few years ago and started my residency at the local ER." I responded. "That's amazing. Who do you work with?" He asked.

"Kids. The hospital is for 18 years and under." I replied. "I'm so proud of you." Ethan said as I smiled. I wish I could say the same, a gang. I still couldn't wrap my mind around what was happening. "I have one more question E." I said as he stopped.

"I have a feeling I know what it is." Ethan said as I tilted my head to the side. "Maybe." I spoke as the wind picked up causing me to shiver. "Well ask away." Ethan sighed. "Why a gang? Why not a sorority? Or something else?" I asked.

"It's a really long story." Ethan said. "I have time E." I responded. "Once we get our food." He said tilting his head towards an iHop. We always used to go there in high school, every Friday night. Our group would go there after the boys' football games.

We walked across the street and into the iHop. "Seat yourselves we'll be with you two in a minute." The server said smiling. I followed Ethan as we made our way to the back of the restaurant sitting across from each other.

"You need to tell me everything." I said looking up from my menu. "I will, just once we get our food. I have to be careful, Grayson is practically the world's most wanted." Ethan joked quietly as I glared at him.

'''

We had gotten our food and had started eating. "I'm waiting E." I said staring at him while he took a sip from his drink. "Where do you want me to start?" He asked as I thought about it for a minute. "How did you get involved in a gang and without me knowing?" I responded.

Ethan sat in silence looking up at me guilt filling his eyes. "It was all my fault to be honest. Freshman year of college I became friends with a guy who happened to be involved in a gang. Grayson tried pulling me out, but once you're in a gang it's impossible to get out," he started.

"One night, it was a few days before we had to drop out. Grayson came over to the kid's house, after I got trashed he wanted me to leave. Like leave the gang. I told him not to come over cause I knew if Brady, the leader, found out that I had a twin he would convince Gray to join." Ethan paused, "it's my fault."

I sat in silence staring at Ethan, at a loss for words. "So when Grayson went to the house to pick you up. Trent convinced him to join the gang?" I asked as Ethan nodded. "Grayson didn't want to for a few days. But Brady took it to threatening my life and yours." Ethan said looking down.

"How the hell did I get dragged into that?" I asked. "Brady knew Grayson cared about you and used that against him. Grayson loved you so much, he saved your life by joining. He couldn't tell you. It's terrible and I've been looking for you. But Grayson told me it would be the best to not drag you into everything." Ethan said as I put my head in my hands.

Then my blood ran cold quickly, "how did Grayson become the leader?" "Well last year Brady left the gang. He kinda just dropped off the face of the earth. And since Brady took Grayson under his wing he left the gang under Grayson."

"Do you know where Brady went after the gang?" I asked as Ethan shook his head. "Probably up to no good." Ethan chuckled as a realization hit me, hard. "E, what was Brady's last name?" I asked as he looked at me with a concerned look on his face.

"Keith." He said as I felt my legs became weak, my head spinning more. "Blue?" Ethan asked as I shook my head, "do you know him?" "I have to go." I said getting up from the table being pulled back down by Ethan. "Blue, please." Ethan said as tears filled my eyes.

"I was supposed to go on a date with him tonight. He works at my hospital he's a hotshot." I responded as Ethan's eyes became wide. "I think we're talking about different Brady's here." Ethan said. "He's tall, attractive. Has a smile that will pretty much convince you to do anything." I said as Ethan's face lost color.

"He's after you." Ethan spoke.