Chapter Twenty-Three

After 3 years, here comes another chapter. Thanks for waiting patiently guys. Your views, vote and comment really meant alot for me. Love you guy!!

_______________________________________

Recap: As Clarissa looked back to the battle field. She released a breathe and prepared herself for another kill.

She glides across the field carefully amd somehow she caught a figure dashing through the battle field.

Ashton.

_______________________
Chapter Twenty-Three
.

What is he doing here? Shouldn't he be on his business trip? And most importantly. Why is he on the enemies side? My heart pound hard in my chest. My heart rate is rising as I thought of all the possibilities that this could be happening.

Is he the traitor?

Is he the bad guy?

Is he the one behind all those deaths?

I quickly ran over without him noticing me. I hid behind a tree which is out from his sight. I lowered down my body amd watched him carefully as he battled in the field.

What I saw broke my heart. He's hurting our fellow fairies without even a care in his eyes. His face showed no emotions or whatsoever. He's just killing the oned he once swore to protects.

Rage and disappointments builds inside of me as I saw him killing our own kind. Hot fat tears rolled down my cheeks as I battle in my heart ehat should I do. Should I side with him and ask the fairies to surrender? Or should I go against him and fight alongside with the fairies?

On one hand is my mate and the love of my life, my other half. And on the  other hand is my kind, my friends and family that I swore will fight alongside them. I sobbed as I can't make the decision. I felt like an worthless piece of shit which can't decide what to do in a crucial situation.

"No... Help my sister. Help her!"

A loud deafening scream reached my ears and I immediately turn and rush to the place where the screams are from.

Anger buids up in me and I could feel my blood boils by looking at the scene. Kristen's wound were deep and  agonizing. Her left cheek were cut and bruise were form all over her hands and neck. Blood were gushing out from her stomach. She was barely breathing and her eyes were close.

Her brother was kneeling at the side of her trying to heal her by chanting some spells. Even so, she's not waking up or changing to be better.

"Chief, what should I do? She's my only family left. I can't just let her die…" Caleb cries as he is helpless in helping his sister. He looks at me hoping that I could help him.

"Bring your sister back to village and heal her. She will and she must survive this!" I told him so. He quickly get up on his feet while scooping her in his arms and ran back towards the village. 

I know what Im going to do now. Im going to end this battle once and for all! Mate or not, you'll gonna regret this!

I dashed out there swiftly looking for Ashton. Sure enough, he is in the middle of a fight. Instead of battle between 2 men, it look more like a one sided fight. Ashton is too strong for average fighters. Even the elite ones would have a hard time putting up a fight against him.

I ran as fast as I could and I slide across the field knocking him down behind his back. He stumbles backward but quickly steadying his stance. He look for the one attacking him and when he saw it's me, he look me dead in the eye.

That moment really broke my heart as the once loving eyes look at me without any love or passion but only pure hatred.

He dashed towards me, aiming for a fatal blow to my head. I quickly lower down my body while moving to the side. I slide down and kick his leg and his falls. I quickly press onto him in hope that he wont be able to move or land a single hit on me.

"Ashton! What the hell are you doing?!" I screamed at him but he continue to struggle.

Ashton is strong. I could barely hold him on the ground. His eyes looked straight but without a focus in his eyes. He must be in a trance. There is no doubt that who cast that spell as we only have one enemy.

"Sorry Ashton…"

He grunt in pain as I land my blow. As I have no knowledge in how to de-cast the spell. I had to knock him out cold in the shoulder in order for me to bring him back so our healer could heal him.

I carried him on my shoulder. Damn he weight like a cow. I noticed his hair  is longer. It makes him more mysteriously handsome and yet dangerously hot. Some of my mates so me carrying him and  quickly offer to carried him. I let them do it as the fight is not over yet.

But, as I looked back to the battle field. There is no more fight. No fire, no sounds of the weapon. Nothing.

The merhumans were no where in sight. All it's left is our fellow faries. Some wounded some in bad shape but also some looked tired but is completely fine.

What caught my eyes is a scorching glow of white lights in the far centre of the field.  A woman figure were in the lights. It radiated a hot sensation but she seems fine in that hot glow of light ball.

She slowly turn her back and showed us her face. I looked at her with shock filled my eyes.

She couldn't possibly be .....

___________________________________________

Hi guys thanks for supporting my stories. Next chapter will be up soon. If you like it please remember to vote and comment on it!!! Love y'all! XOXO