2.6 - Missing

*Language Warning*

[Tobias Eaton]

The door flies open and two men grab us. Both hold guns, aiming them at our heads. They drag us out of the closet, dragging us down to the kitchen. They shove Tris down onto her knees, trying her arms behind her back. They shove me into the chair I sat in earlier, tying my arms and legs to the chair. Tris lifts her head, looking me. Tears are streaming down her cheeks. She's terrified.

" It's gonna be okay. " I say.

I lift my head, staring at the man who ties me down. His face and the other man's face are covered. They don't want us to know who they are. But I'll find out. I always do. The bigger one raises a gun, aiming at me.

" No! No, no no! Please! " Tris shouts.

He spins around punching her in the jaw.

" Shut the Fuck up! " He screams at her.

He lifts his fist, punching her repeatedly. When he's certain that she's unconscious, he stops. He raises the gun, aiming at her.

" Stop! Don't shoot her. " I say. " I'm the one you came here for. Don't touch her. "

He looks over his shoulder at me.

" What did you say? " He asks.

I sigh, biting my cheek.

" Please don't hurt her. You came here for me, right? Just don't hurt her. " I state.

He nods, sighing. He walks forward, pulling a switchblade out of his pocket. He flips it open, slicing my cheek. Sticky, hot blood drips down my cheek. I hiss as it drips to my jaw, spilling onto my shirt.

" What do you want? " I ask.

He raises a finger to his lips.

" No, no, Detective. That's not how it works. Remember? " He says.

I cock an eyebrow, looking up at him.

" It was you? You're the one who's been calling me? " I ask.

He smiles.

" As I crossed over London bridge, I met my sister Jenny. I broke her neck, drank her blood, and left her standing empty. " He says.

I stare up at him. It really is him. The man who knows my life inside and out. And I don't even know who he is.

" If I gave you a choice, would you act upon it? " He asks.

I shrug.

" Depends on the consequences. " I say.

He looks at Tris.

" Either you come with us and we leave the girl. Or we stay here and the girl gets it too. " He says.

I shake my head.

" We agreed you wouldn't touch her. So I'll go with you if you promise you won't touch her. " I say.

He nods.

" Good choice. " He says.

Something black and solid swings towards my face. It collides with my head, sending white heat down my body.

[Beatrice Prior]

When I finally come to, I'm laying on the floor of the kitchen where the attackers left me. I sit up, looking around the kitchen.

" Tobias? " I ask.

I stand weakly, white heat spreading through me quickly.

" Tobias? " I ask.

I limp out of the kitchen, looking for him.

" Tobias? Where are you? " I ask.

The house is empty. I'm now wide awake. I enter the kitchen again, spotting blood all over the ground. It drips down a chair with ropes tied to the arms. The blood drags out of the kitchen, down the hardwood flooring to the back door. Tobias is Gone. I scream in fear and frustration. I grab Tobias' phone, dialing Zeke.

"Four? It's almost one in the morning. What are you doing?"
"Zeke, Tobias is gone."
"Tris? What are you talking about?"
"Get everyone down here, now."
"Tris! Wait, slow down."
"Please, Zeke. I can't explain over the phone."
"I'll get Max, Will, Uriah, and Peter. We'll be over in an hour."
"No. Not Peter."
"Who then?"
"Anyone but Peter."
"See you soon."

I run a hand through my hair, meeting sticky red sap in my hair. I walk to the bathroom, washing off. If Zeke and everyone is coming over, everything needs to stay as it was. I pull on new clothes. I bag up my old clothes, already knowing that Zeke will want to take them for testing. I approach the living room, spotting a tape on the couch. It doesn't look familiar. I grab it, placing it in a bag as well. I'll send it with Zeke for analysis. Pounding sounds at the door. I jump, exhaling sharply. I walk to the front door, opening it. It's Max, Zeke, Will, Uriah, and Shauna.

" Thanks for coming. " I say.

They enter the living room. They all look at me.

" You said Four was gone. What do you mean? " Zeke asks.

I wave for them to follow me. We approach the kitchen and Shauna stops in her tracks.

" That's blood. " She says. " What the Hell happened? "

We all enter the kitchen.

" Four is missing. People broke in and held us a gunpoint. I got knocked out and when I woke up, and all three of them were gone. " I say.

Max walks towards the chair.

" Do you have any idea what may have happened? " He asks.

I shake my head.

" No. But, a week ago, someone called and made Tobias answer a riddle or they were gonna kill me. I don't know how. I don't know why. I don't know who. But he was pretty shaken up. " I say.

Everyone looks at one another.

" Why didn't you want Peter here? " Zeke asks.

I sigh.

" Peter's not who he says he is. He's been going at me lately. I don't trust him. " I say.

They all look at one another again.

" That's what that was about? " Shauna asks.

I cock an eyebrow.

" What are you talking about? " I ask.

She looks at Max.

" Four blew up on him at work one day. " She says.

I look down.

" I just want to find Tobias. He's gotta be out there. " I say.

They nod.

Did you do any damage to the attackers? Any cuts or scrapes? Any way of getting any DNA?
I cut one of them. Their arm. I used a knife.
Perfect! This might help crack the case.
And what if it doesn't.
Four is out there, Tris. And we'll find him. Trust us.
Thank you, Zeke.