Chapter 21

That night..I did as what Travis has asked of me to do. I cried it all out.

I didn't want myself to believe that what happened was the truth. I didn't want to believe that Emmnauel actually said those words to me.

Emmanuel. He is mean. Cold. Heartless. It's been proven. Yet.. he is kind. I saw that side of him. I know.

But why? Why? That side of him. Is nothing more a cover. That's what I want to believe in.

I opened my eyes. I looked around. I am back in my own room..on my own bed.

Travis. He was sleeping on my study desk. He laid his head there. He actually accompanied me. It was four in the morning, and yet I couldn't sleep on.

I got out of bed and walked quietly towards him. I didn't want to wake him up. He was probably tired.

I looked quietly at his sleeping face. No sign of waking up. I smiled.

The pain. I wouldn't say it's gone. But.. it feels like I've used a painkiller. When I'm with Travis, it seems that way.

I touched his hair gently. The exact same scene seemed like it was repeating itself.

The other day at the roof garden. The exact same boy was sleeping right in front of me.

I could smell his cologne. I smiled at the thought of him putting it on.

My lips grew closer to him. I didn't know how to thank him or show I'm grateful for everything he has done.

I closed my eyes as my lips touched his cheek. I stayed like this for a minute before whispering,"Thank you."

I sat down on the floor as I waited for the sun to rise.

I kept my eyes at the rising sun and the sky becoming brighter and brighter.

"Hmmm..." Travis sighed," Geraldine..."

I turned to Travis,"Travis?" He smiled at me."Morning.."

I started blushing at the thought of me crying so badly in front if him. I was pretty much embarrassed. Actually...take that word 'pretty much' out and replace it with 'totally'. That would be more accurate.

"Erm..I..um.. er.." I nervously looked at him. He raised his eyebrow,"What are you mumbling about?"

"Er...yesterday.." I replied shakily. He took awhile to remember."Oh..yeah..what of it?"

I remained silent. I didn't know how to put it into words.

"I get it.." Travis smiled," if it's about you crying then... you don't have to clarify anything to me."

I couldn't help but smile at him. Travis seemed to know me for years." I .. I don't know how to thank you.. I could never repay you with anything.."

Travis gave me a hug."You don't have to. Just by being happy you already make me happy."

Travis. I wanted him for myself. Call me selfish but that's what I want. I needed him by my side.

"I need you.. don't ever leave me." I whispered. He nodded,"I will never and ever leave or do anything to hurt you. Geraldine."

My eyes flickered to the clock. Yikes. We're gonna be late for school!

"Travis! We gotta go to school already!" I exclaimed.

"Oh.. gosh. I forgot. damn. I don't have a change of clothes." Travis replied.

"Erm..you could wear my Dad's!" I ran to Dad's room. Anyway he won't be there. He went off early at five in the morning to rush to the airport. For some business trip or something.

I took a checkered shirt and jeans. And ran back to my room. "Here!" I threw the clothes at him. Travis laughed," This is hilarious! "

I laughed too. And went to the bathroom to change while he changed in my room.

I washed my face and brushed my teeth. I quickly wore my jeans and put on my shirt. I just sprayed some perfume and headed out.

"Travis! Are you don-" I stood there. Gosh.

Travis was half naked. He was wearing his jeans only.

I quickly went back to the bathroom. My face was blushing. Argh..

"Geraldine..can I use the bathroom?" Travis asked.

"Sure...sure.." I replied nervously. I slowly looked up at him again and he was still shirtless.

"Geraldine...are you blushing?" Travis asked softly. I started moving backwards to the wall. "Er..no..I...no...I'm not.." I looked away.

He placed his hands at the wall. I could feel his breath.

My heart raced. What's going on?

"Well...your face denies you.." Travis whispered.

I blushed really hard. My eyes slowly moved to meet his.

Argh! what's happening???

-To be continued