20

Peter woke up Monday morning, his first day back at school. He got out of bed and got his clothes on, a sweater, jeans and shoes.

It had been a week since he last done cut last. The only thoughts in his head were about doing it again. He knew he should tell someone but he didn't want to bother anyone.

He made his way down where his pops was waiting for him.

"You ready Pete?" Steve asked as he stood up.

"Yeah," he said faking a happy mood better than usual, they had noticed he seemed different but they told themselves it was just his medication.

The two got in the car and headed towards school. Peter was glad that almost the whole ride there was silent.

"Did you take your tablets today, Pete?" Steve asked after a while of silence not looking away from the road.

"Yeah," he lied, he stopped taking them over a week ago.

"Good, remember to let us know when you need a refill."

"Yeah, I know," Peter said as they drove round the corner and into the parking lot. "See you after school?"

"Good luck," he said with a smile.

Peter got out the car and met up with Ned who had been waiting for him before walking in the building.

"Hey, man," he said as they both walked in the doors. "It's gonna be alright."

"Everyone's looking," Peter said seeing a hall full of people looking round to him and looking really sympathetic.

"They'll get over it soon. Hopefully," he said walking with Peter towards the principals office.

"Hopefully. See you in chem," he said leaving Ned and walking in towards his office.

He knocked on door and heard a quiet, "come in," which he did, he walked in the room closing the door behind him.

"Peter," he said with a warm smile, "take a seat."

He spoke to Peter for half an hour, saying how they'll do whatever they can to help and help catch him up on what he's missed. Peter waited in the library until his first class ended and his second began.

Peter met Ned on the way to chemistry and walked together with him.

"How'd it go?"

"It was fine," Peter said as they walked into their class and walked to the back of the room with everyone staring.

"I doubt Flash will say anything."

"You obviously don't know him like I do," Peter said sounding unusually annoyed.

Ned noticed that Peter seemed distracted and not really paying attention, "hey, Pete? You alright?"

"Huh?" He turned to look at his friend who was trying to hide the worry that was in his eyes, "oh uhh..ye..yeah, I'm...I'm good."

That worried Ned more, Peter went back to looking out the window. He was like that sometimes but it still worried him.