third

"hey Taehyung-ssi."

"Hey Lalisa, what's up."

"Nothing much, just crippling under the deadlines is all, the usual you know."

Taehyung chuckled, dumping his thing in his corner of the spacious studio that was open 24/7 for art students to come and work on their projects.

The boy took the huge canvas, putting it against the wall seeing as the size was almost twice his size.

He took out the buckets of paint and placed them near his canvas, taking off his shoes as not to stain them but keeping his old ripped shirt that fell over his shoulder slightly and his old basketball shorts.

He pushed his classes up his nose, one of his most frequent habits, before visualising what he was about to paint on the still white canvas.

Lalisa was still in the room, finishing up her own portrait in on her side of the room.

Their deadline was coming up, they had to represent someone's personality through their portrait.

Taehyung chuckled as he imagined the person he was about to represent in his mind and dipping his bare hands in the beige paint, not bothering to use brushes, loud music blasted through his wireless headphones that pushed his hair blackwards.

He smothered the colour over the canvas, memories playing in his mind as he traced the soft features of the boy he was painting.

Like the first time they managed to steal gumballs at the convenience store, or their daily trips to the arcade back in highschool.

He mixed paints, playing with the colours to work the shading of his face and depict every single trait perfectly.

After washing his hands, he dipped them back into blue paint, working on the mop of hair he always rocked even when it was all over the place, making sure to make his roots a different shade for the low maintenance boy.

The cold blue reminded him of all the things he had felt, the crack in his heart he had from always having to suppress his feeling for the boy.

"Holy shit." Lalisa whispered from behind him.

Taehyung snapped out of his painting daze, looking back at her, tugging his headphones off his head and making his red hair flop back into place.

His glasses were pretty far down his nose, them being a little too big for him, he had a few splashes of paint on his face, a large blue stain on his cheek from wiping at it while he painted and and a little bit of red on the side of his nose.

"You never stop to impress me Taehyung-ssi." She said breathlessly as she looked at the painting.

For some reason, and against all his teacher's advice, Taehyung had always done all his works without a plan or a first graphite sketch and he never went back in to correct small mistakes. He preferred leaving the work in it's initial glory.

"Who is he?" She asked, looking at the gorgeous work of art in front of her.

She didn't know what was so beautiful about it, maybe it was the way it looked to realistic even though the lines weren't that precise. But one thing for sure, Taehyung really had impressive talent.

Taehyung chuckled as he looked at the painting, recognizing Jimin's eye smile he loved so dearly.

"My favourite person in the world." He answered truthfully.

"Your boyfriend?" She asked, getting closer to him to hear his answer.

The boy looked down, a sad smile on his lips

"No, my best friend."

A/N:

thanks @chimchimtheangel for voting and commenting!