forty eighth

"I'm sorry to say this, but will probably sustain permanent injuries." The doctor said.

Taehyung nodded, looking down at his hands.

Apparently he had went too far with his wounds, and now his right hand was totally numb. He could still feel anything that was right under his finger tips, but anything past his knuckles was completely, and utterly numb.

"Are you okay?" Asked the doctor, his worried eyes trailing over the bruises over Taehyung's face and the red that rimmed his eyes, on top of his dark circles and black eyes.

Taehyung only looked up to him, not even answering. If he were to be honest he wasn't even sure if he had even registered the question.

The doctor sighed, looking briefly at his clipboard.

"I think you should take a break from school, it seems not only your hands are hurting. I'll make a certificate for your school, maybe you can take the chance to visit family and relax." The doctor said, a warm smile on his face.

Taehyung only nodded, looking back down at the floor.

The doctor seemed to hesitate, before leaving the small hospital room he had just used to treat Taehyung's wounds, an even larger cast on his right hand and another on his left.

"Here." The doctor said, handing Taehyung the paper before leading him out.

Taehyung looked around, the white walls and permanent smell of disinfectant assaulting his senses.

Once he was out of campus, he dragged himself to the road, unable to drive a car, he called a cab and asked to go to the train station.

Once in front of the rails he sighed, his breath forming a small cloud in the chilly weather.

Lost in the void of his thoughts, he didn't notice his feat stepping beyond the security line, neither did he hear the yells of the people around him.

Only a second passed, before a train came rushing to his side, the force making him fall backwards on his behind.

He looked at the speeding train wide eyed, his feat only a few centimeters from being torn off his body.

"sir, are you alright?" A middle aged woman asked, helping him up.

Taehyung nodded.

He then turned to the now open doors, stepping inside the train.

À/N:

the more I write this the more I feel sorry fo you guys...

just to reassure you: this is a happy ending, I promise