Put a ring on it

„Look: She's doing it again. On... Off... On again. I am so glad that I'm not in love.  It's making you weaker and she's the best example. The poor girl", Vinda commented on Queenie sitting on the balcony, a few meters away from Vinda and Grindelwald. Queenie was deciding wether she should still wear her engagement ring with Jacob.

„Oh, I don't know. There are some times when it makes you stronger. I can be sure that Credence will give his all in the war just so he can get back to his love.", Grindelwald said. He liked talking to Vinda, especially because her feelings were not defining like they were defining Queenie. Vindas Brain was definitely ruling her.

„I have to say, that sounds awfully a lot like you miss someone. Not a good sign, if you ask me. And please, don't let anyone ever convince you to stop serving the greater good, master. Because I've heard of people that changed for their lovers. The last proof that love is a weakness."
Grindelwald grinned at her.

„Oh I don't know. Every time someone wins, another loses. Something that is a weakness for someone is the strength of another."

„Oh, believe me. Falling in love is like gambling. The whole game is set up, so, in the end, you lose. Who or what you lose, if you lose yourself... It all varies, but you're destined to be hurt, either by death or by a human.", Vinda discussed.

„But isn't the love worth the pain? Isn't being seen as a hero, even if it is just for a moment, worth dying or losing a battle. And remember: you're dying at the side of someone you love. That's worth it. I think Queenie should wear the ring."

„He has a point, you know.", Queenie said, walking into their direction, their engagement ring glittering on her finger.