The secret to winning

And while Tina, Newt, Credence, Nagini and Theseus were on their way to Brasil, Gellert Grindelwald plotted in a secret hideaway.

Or more like tried to plot, because his thoughts wandered off sooner than he wanted them to.

They always did. That was the thing with being in love with someone, thinking that you would never lose them. You thought about what if you had never lost them. What if you had not broken all your promises?

Gellert Grindelwald really was not a big fan of emotions. He was more a man of words, of pretending. He did not think feelings were something that were supposed to stand in the way of a ruler that he would soon be. Especially if they were feelings regarding his supposed arch enemy.

From the moment he met Albus Dumbledore, he had known that he was the kind of person that was hard to forget. Because they were the same, like parts of the same souls. That was something he could not deny, even though he often wanted to. Albus Dumbledore could have been absolutely ruthless if he had just used his potential. They could have been great together.

Being terribly lonely, that was a feeling Grindelwald knew. It was not only Albus body he missed, the feeling of being pressed against him, of knowing that no matter how lonely he was, that feeling would never leave him, no. He missed his laugh, the only thing that had ever truly made him feel a little less filled with hate for humanity.

And it was so ironic that he and Albus were on opposite sides. Because they always thought the same, they had always understood each other. Two bored teenagers on the quest for greatness.

You ruined it, his brain told him. It was true, everything Grindelwald touched, died. As if he had a talent for destroying people, destroying their homes and then destroying his own hopes and dreams. That was the reason they threw him out of Durmstrang, because he had not been able to keep himself together, he always had to destroy. But he had hoped that Albus would be the one thing that would stay. The one person to not bow under his command. Oh, that was what he liked best about him. Albus Dumbledore never bowed down to anyone, he never did as he was told.

He was not nice, he was not good. He was manipulative and he always got his will. Maybe that was the reason Gellert was here now. He had to get Credence back, he had to find the boy, because he needed at least one Dumbledore to help him.

He could not win against Albus Dumbledore, because he always won. And if he could not win against him, someone else had to. That was the true reason why he needed Credence.

And he would stop at nothing to get him on his side.

Now he would only need to come up with a plan to get Credence to come back to him. But that was no problem, Gellert Grindelwald was great at planning.