You can't break if you're already broken

So sorry I didn't update this story in so long, I was just pretty busy and stressed in the last week. Hope you enjoy this chapter.
xx LostLeviosa

Albus
„Do you know what happened to me after I lost Ariana? Do you even know how people react when their loved ones die? I am not sure if you ever felt the pain I did because I was not able to save her. And now I'm thinking that I could have if I had just listened to her.", Albus said to the slowly melting Grindelwald.

A long silence between them until Gellert whispered:"I know how it feels. I feel it every day since I left you."

„No you don't understand. You don't understand that my heart broke when I saw her lying there and you left me all alone in this mess. Don't you dare say that your grief was as big as mine, you never loved anyone, not as much as I loved Ariana.", Albus said. His voice was trembling. And he knew Grindelwald was going to try to break him like he always did. But there was one thing not even Gellert Grindelwald could be sure of.

„You were my only friend, Albus. I didn't have anyone except you. My parents died, I did not have a family. I watched them get killed and I couldn't do anything against it. I never was happy... I never thought I was capable of love until... Until I met you. I lost the only one I ever loved, and it was my fault."

Albus stared out of the window. He knew he wouldn't be able to do this else. He couldn't look into Gellert's eyes anymore. Of course Grindelwald was lying. Of course he had only kissed him as manipulation. Of course there was nothing good left in this man. Dumbledore knew all of these things. But every time Albus was next to his former lover, he couldn't think and his heart took over.

„You don't believe me, do you? The boy is free now, what more do you want?"
„I want regret. The boy trusted you, over anyone else and you used that trust and I know you will keep using the people around until you die. Is it too much to want? The only thing I want is that Credence does not end up like Ariana. I cannot bear burying one of my siblings ever again."

„Are you implying you want my death? I didn't know you gave up on me this quickly.", and somehow, Grindelwald really was surprised.

„I couldn't bear standing at your grave either.", Dumbledore murmured. He had to something, lock him up, call the ministry. He knew that he wasn't capable of holding Grindelwald.

„I couldn't bear killing you myself, as you see. That's the most sentimental I want to get today. Now get the aurors here before I feel the need to kiss you again."

Albus hated that he was still a little in love with Gellert Grindelwald, that he could play him like this.

He took a deep breath, knowing what he had to do, but before he could even send his patronus to the ministry, the door of his office was violently opened. In the door stood Theseus.

„I heard he's here, the bastard. Why don't we kill him? He's killed so many, the world would be better without him, we all know that!", he shouted.
„Take a seat", Dumbledore said and made a red armchair appear out of the blue.
Theseus was a little confused, but still sat down in front of the couch, where Gellert was sitting, next to Dumbledore in his armchair, which looked exactly like the one he was sitting on.

„He killed my wife. Don't I have a right for revenge, for justice?! We can't just imprison him again, he's going to get out again and we will have to watch. No prison can hold him, nothing but death because death is eternal.", Theseus said, looking quite grim.

Albus turned around to the young man, tried to look into his eyes and calm him down a little.
„Theseus, every human deserves to live. Even murderers deserve that. Grindelwald killed many of the people I loved and I know they didn't deserve death."
„He deserves death, don't you see it."
„You didn't listen to me, Theseus. Nobody deserves death, nobody wants death.... We all just want a change in our lives, an escape from the cruel realities. Killing him would not be what he deserves. He deserves the worst punishment any dark wizard can get. He should regret, the death of every single one of the people he killed. And after he will have felt regret, he will be able to change into a better person. Believe me, I know him.", Dumbledore said and the words left a bitterness on his tongue. Did he even believe in the good in Gellert anymore? No. Only his heart did. But that was enough.