Chapter 1

Two years later...

Chameleon was seven years old when the NightWing had attacked him. He hadn't died, miraculously. But he had to suffer the consequences of it every day.

According to Jaguar, he heard Chameleon's scream from far away. Jaguar had gone towards the direction of his scream, but he couldn't find Chameleon anywhere. But then he noticed the splatters of blood Chameleon had left behind while he was escaping, and he followed the blood trail all the way to his limp body.

Jaguar had checked Chameleon for a pulse, and it was still there. He had breathed a sigh of relief. Afterwards, Jaguar called the healers to take him to the pavilion. Chameleon woke up two days later.

But it was never the same again.

For one thing, Chameleon wasn't able to sleep. Try as he might, he would always wake up in the middle of the night and scream from the agony. In fact, whenever he closed his eyes, the pain was bad enough to make him want to scream and claw his snout off. The wrinkles formed from closing his eyes would always reach his sensitive snout, and he would cry out with pain and open his eyes again.

Chameleon's snout was healed by now, but the NightWing had still left a nasty scar. And Chameleon wasn't going to tell the other RainWings anytime soon he couldn't shoot venom either, or they would become insufferable. He had enough things to deal with from them.

"Are you awake?" asked a voice.

"Yes," Chamelon croaked, opening a bleary eye. He turned to look at Bullfrog, his assigned healer. "You know I can't sleep for more than an hour anyway."

Bullfrog sighed. "Yes, I know."

Chameleon chose this moment to shift to a dreamy sky blue.

Then he stared down at his talons, and immediately regretted it.