chapter 1~Walford high

My name is Teagan Barton, my nickname is Tea or so Jupiter calls me. We are really close and we like to hang out going on new adventures. 

The four of us all stick up for each other each of us having our own role and plethora of issues, we are the quiet kids and you should see us we are unstoppable or almost.

Picture this, it's the first day of freshman year in 2011 the four of us walk into school with smiling faces. The girls are in skinny jeans and short sleeves, Meanwhile us guys are in short sleeves, jeans, and tennis shoes. We stop at our lockers getting our things for the first period of the first day ready for an easy first week the friends meeting before class.

"Morning guys you ready for our first year in high school?" Jupiter said in her smooth sweet voice. 

"It's gonna be the same as last year Jup" I replied 

"yeah Teagan has a point there" giggles Monroe as she walks up to join the group from her locker across the hall.

 "I think it's going to be just fine" said the ever confident Dylis the guy could never be silenced unless he was wrapped in duck tape.

After more conversation the warning bell rang calling us to our classes all of us waving and going our separate ways. Jupiter went to chemistry, Monroe went to history, and myself to algebra, and Dylis to English. Each of us sat through a boring first block a whole hour and a half before meeting for a short time then going to second block.

After second block everyone met at Jupiter locker as was required for lunchtime.  that day we all waited, but Jupiter was late not joining us for lunch, although she showed up for choir her eyes still tinted red her makeup freshly applied to her soft cheeks none of us wanted to question her about it, what upset her though we did care about.

Boy were we wrong after school we all met with her and Monroe asked the silent question "are you okay Jupiter?" with a fake smile Jupiter turned and looked at sweet Monroe.

 "I'm just fine Mo" she said before she grabbed her bag and led us outside of the school where we got into our cars and drove off.

I would like to report that freshman year was uneventful, but it was not even close when we found a secret room that led to a whole underground part of the school that was our place. when we got dismissed study hall we went there and hung out, though little did we know this space didn't belong to us the darkness showed signs of shadows that were solid.

After using this room for several days we decided to spend a night in the space which we all agreed to on a Friday calling home saying this and that to get to stay at the 'other friends house' which worked well. Having planned this all along we each had brought snacks and drinks to have with us for when we stayed in the small space.

Monroe was the first to show up to this secret meeting, then came Dylis trailed by Jupiter.  To start we closed the door behind us letting the darkness surrond us. We flicked on our flashlights and began to look around going farther into the space that we have been calling our sanction, our place, and our secret hideout.

After a few minutes Monroe found an ordinary light switch on the wall in which without thinking she flicked on the room coming to life with a dim light that grew in brightness as the old lights warmed up. 

As we all looked around we saw more than we expected the room was not a small little class room sized space like we thought it was a huge expanse of different kinds of rooms as well as signs that someone once lived here.

As we walked even farther we found more and more odd things in the room such as clothes that were neatly folded and put into a makeshift dresser, A sort of makeshift hanging system for the shirts that were just draped over a stray pipe that ran through the ceiling, and close by there was another bedroom with the same kind of furniture with a small bed made out of an old gymnastic mat and thin cloth used as a blanket.