Chapter 26~ A forgotten Rhelm

The camp was taken down after a meal and a rough night on the stones of the cave the horses hoofs echoing around the cave as they moved around the space. 

"lets pack up and move out" I said as we started to put out things onto the steeds before mounting and making our way out of the cave and back to the path letting the horses chose the paths we took weaving through the mountains and down to the valley below.

"Trystan where are we?" ask a very lost Cydian as he trotted his horse up to me.

 "We are in the valley of the forgotten Kingdom of the vale" I said softly the horses walking on their easy pace slowly shifting into one of high alertness and carful steps each hoof fall watched or tapped before the hoof landed on the ground.

"Watch yourselves the horses seem uneasy" I called to the others as we continued on our pace slowing, then stopping as we saw a crumbling wall half the hight of a fir tree.

 "Well that's impressive" Matilida said the other knights whispering things about the wall as well.

 "come now we will not be intimidated by an old wall" I said urging my horse on but she would not move.

"They have an arrow ring Trystan" Darius said pointing to a ring of arrows staked around the castle.

 "This kingdom has been abandond for many years" I said confused an arrow landing a little bit before me. I dismounted and grabbed the arrow a note attached to it that read 'she is ours don't try to save her little prince' I read the note to the others and mounted my horse again.

"We shall wait until cover of night then we will strike" I said as I turned my horse and I rode off to a clearing to wait making a small camp passing around food that didn't need a fire to cook as well as drinks to satisfy our needs the horses resting the sun falling from the sky lazily shifting the sky from blue to varriations of orange and pink.

When night finally fell we waited for the ravens last call then sent a scout to the rim of the arrows the man stepping over the arrows full of hesitation as he did so no arrow flying to his chest the rest of us bringing the horses all of which were dark in color and hard to see the horses staying silent as we lead them through the night.

After a slow tense walk across the death valley we made our way into the Kingdom through a forgotten gate where we tied the horses lightly should we need them each horse trained to come to a whistle from its rider no matter what condition it was in. I waved the rest of the men on leaving two to guard the horses hidden in the shadows the rest of us spreading out and looking for Joseline.

I was at ease as Darius and Matilida flanked me checking all round us as we moved with light quiet steps the same as a wild cat or wolf in the woods the strong presence of death all around us as well as life. I slowly opened the servent door to the castle and we snuck in through it finding the castle dark and deserted all but the throne room.

In the very center tied to a throne was Jupiter she was dressed in a long dark dress and flats with her hair done nicely men and one women around her in a circle her voice strong and calm "when Trystan finds you...You will take you last breath you pittiful fools!" she spat out at the men who laughed at her and walked around.

The guards ended up behind us the group regrouping in the hall before the throne room commands being given and the men spreading out to do what we needed too and we outnumbered them ten to one. I smirked as a nod of readyness sounded then a loud peircing whistle echoed through the halls Dylis giving his famous call of a sparrow.

The men looked confused then we jumped out running at them the men gasping and fumbeling for their swords as we took them down Monroe running to Jupiter and cutting her free the men falling, pleading, and begging for their lives, no mercy was to be had this day. My men cut them down.