Ducktales

Imagine: Constantly singing the Ducktales theme song to Thorin until it gets stuck in his head, annoying the heck out of him

(A/N: since I'm obsessed with the Ducktales theme song and have been my whole life, this is going to be fun. Found the prompt on amazing tumblr. Also I don't own the song nor the video of the song posted.)

It started out as slight humming to keep yourself busy as you trotted along the long road to Erebor with the rag-tag group of dwarves that had found you. First you hummed anything that came to your mind until one day, one of your childhood television shows theme song popped into your head. And so you started to belt out the lyrics, surprising everyone in the company. They all looked at you like you grew a second head but you paid them no mind.

"Life is like a hurricane here in Duckburg
Race cars, lasers, aeroplanes, it's a duck-blur!
Might solve a mystery
Or rewrite history!

DuckTales! Woo-oo!
Everyday they're out there making
DuckTales! Woo-oo!
Tales of derring-do, bad and good
Luck Tales!

D-d-d danger lurks behind you
There's a stranger out to find you
What to do, just grab on to some...

DuckTales! Woo-oo!
Everyday they're out there making
DuckTales! Woo-oo!
Tales of derring-do, bad and good
DuckTales! Woo-oo!

Not pony tales or cotton tales, no,
DuckTales! Woo-oo!"

After you finished your impromptu performance, you looked around you to noticed the group all had different expressions. The one who's face you looked more closely at was none other than Thorin and he was looking confused and had a deep frown.

"What was that lass?" You heard Kili ask from behind you causing you to snicker slightly. They knew you weren't from middle earth when they found you. You still weren't sure how you managed to appear in middle earth but you weren't questioning it anymore. Just enjoying the adventure.

"Song from home," was all you said. You didn't want to go into too much detail about the songs from your time nor did you want to explain how television worked. All the dwarves seemed content with your short answer minus one grumpy dwarven King.

~~~~~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~~~~

It had been about a week since you bursted out in song and now you do it nightly when everyone's around the fire relaxing for the night. And the most common song was Ducktales. Everyone but Thorin had come to love it and would sing it randomly throughout the days to help pass time. And so you made it your mission to get the grumpy king to sing the song as well. It was only fair in your opinion.

It wasn't until about a week later of constant singing the songs that you finally managed to get your wish. The company had just settled for the night and you were on first watch with the famous grumpy dwarf. After awhile, you started to hum the well known song, much to Thorins annoyance.

"I'm never going to get that song out of anyone's head. I hope you know that." Thorin had addressed you as you hummed with a smile on your face.

"But it keeps em happy and they all have smiles on their faces. Why is that a bad thing?" You responded. You weren't afraid of him, not at all. You knew he wouldn't hurt you with violence. Maybe with his words but growing up in the household you did, you learned at an early age to just ignore what people said in the heat of the moment. "Are you afraid it'll get stuck in your head, oh great king?" You added, keeping a smirk on your face as long as you could. He looked back at you with an annoyed expression on his face and part of you suspected he already was guilty of having it stuck in his head.

"Of course not! I just don't see why you need to introduce us to your music when ours is just fine." The stubborn dwarf replied making your eyebrow twitch. You weren't sure how to respond to his words. You knew apart of him was right. You probably shouldn't be introducing middle earth to your worlds music but at the same time, you couldn't see the harm in it either. So with that in mind, you bursted into full song again, doing a little dance while sitting like you always did back home. You kept quiet of course, not wanting to wake the company up with your singing but you sang loud enough for Thorin to hear.

It wasn't until you were about to lay down after Nori and Ori relieved you both from keeping watch that you heard the all to familiar grumble of the Kings voice and you almost sat up in shock when you heard the words.

"DuckTales! Woo-oo!
Everyday they're out there making
DuckTales! Woo-oo!
Tales of derring-do, bad and good
Luck Tales!"

And right after that short verse you also heard a very soft "damn it. That girl got it stuck in my head" which caused you to turn into your pillow, trying to muffle the laughter that was threatening to burst from your throat.

(A/N: Thank you to everyone who reads, comments and votes on this book. I truly do appreciate you guys. I've been having some rough days lately and it's been hard to get back into writing but I'm slowly finding myself again and like promised, here's at least one chapter done. I'm hoping to get another one out tonight or at least by tomorrow.
Thank you again everyone!)