cigar no. 16

"i don't forget only to remember

"i don't forget only to remember."

|

There's a chill that runs down Jimin's spine as he sits there. Sits still barely breathing in fear of moving too much. The clock on the wall ticks loudly as seconds go by.

Jimin takes a deep breath but it's not enough. He's still on edge. On the edge of what? It's hard to say really.

Sure, he sits on the edge of the queen-sized bed waiting on a man who was everything he didn't need.
Sitting on the edge of sanity just one more inch forward and he's sure to fall off.

The edge of reality having trouble figuring what's real and what's not.

In the far distance, Jimin thinks maybe somewhere somehow he went wrong in his decision. Thinks about how maybe this is punishment for naivety.

He knows he's at the front door the sound of keys echoing. Hears the heavy footsteps before the bedroom door is opening.

"Oh, Min I see you got my text."

|

"who is this?"

taehyung takes a look at the caller ID but the number is unknown.

"i think the real question is who are-"

"Taehyung?"

taehyung looks up to see jimin standing behind the couch. his eyes are wide and there's a look of fear settling over his features.

"o-oh Jimin I'm so sorry for answering without asking. I-"

"hang it up."

"huh?"

"end the call now."

taehyung doesn't ask any more questions but does as jimin says. he's quick to hand the phone over to jimin the smaller quick to grab it.

taehyung wants to say something but he knows he shouldn't instead he watches jimin walk into the kitchen acting as if nothing happened.

"so what movie do you wanna watch Tae?"

taehyung doesn't respond at first still trying to process what just happened.

"Tae?"

jimin turns around to flash taehyung a dazzling smile bangs covering his eyes just a bit.
he can see how tense the smaller is. how his smile doesn't feel as natural as it looks but he won't question it. at least not now.

When he's ready he'll tell me.

"do you have Howl's, Moving Castle?"

|