cigar no. 21

"to treat a gem like it's a stone

"to treat a gem like it's a stone..."

|

00: 01

Is this thing on? Hello? What the fuck Jimin it's a voice recording.

Ah, right well here's where it all started...

|

jimin's still holding onto yoongi's hand when taehyung's car is pulled around front. no one says anything although there's so much to be said in that moment.

the world feels out of kilter just like the universe who's no longer cradling the stars in its palms. even the air has gone stale leaving an empty feeling to float among the quiet group.

"i'm not letting you go until we get home yoongs."

"that's fine with me."

jimin looks back at taehyung and nods. the younger gets the message and gets into the driver seat of his car. both yoongi and jimin get in the back, hands still interlocked. taehyung glances at them in the rearview mirror before pulling off.

namjoon and jin wave at the trio until the car can no longer be seen. jimin wants to wave back his mind is occupied by something else.
it's the numbness of his mind he addresses first. quite similar to static on a tv is how jimin mind looks.

there's nothing but that distorted arrangement of black and white, the constant buzzing lingering longer than necessary. it all feels like too much and nothing at all in one moment. the buildings they passed by all look like a blur with tiny voices whispering to him along the way.

he wants to reach out for something yet is uncertain of what exactly. honestly speaking he's really just put himself in a corner curling into a ball in hopes that his problems will fail to see him.
hopes that's reality is just a dream and he'll wake up to find the world to be better.

though no matter how dark, desolate, and disconnected the corner was he'd cling on it if even it meant losing himself in the process cause to him anything was better than facing the monsters on the other side.

and as he sits there he feels himself drifting further and further...

"Jimin."

jimin turns his head eyes glazed over as he tries to focus on the man in front of him. what he expected to be yoongi is in fact taehyung. they're parked outside the apartment complex and yoongi's hand is no longer gripping his.

"w-where's hyung?"

his voice sounds far away almost as if someone else is talking. his tongue feels heavy like it's being weighed down by the words he wishes to say.

"he's already inside. had to go check on hoseok."

"he l-left me? why did he leave me?"

jimin's bottom lip begins to tremble and taehyung's afraid he might cry any second. the look in his eye is that of a lost stargazer, eyes searching for that one star he calls home.