cigar no...

"it's just you and i

"it's just you and i."

I have come along way. Time has run strong. But to each his own I reside beneath vanilla and smoky halos, the place I call home.

|

Park Jimin

Prof. Pd Nim

19 July 2019

Cigarettes n' Sex 

Some people are addicted to what doesn't exist. Now, the idea seems crazy neither does it sound the most convincing but it's true. It is possible to be existed to what doesn't exist. One may think they are living in the clouds when in reality they never left the ground or it could simply be them giving in to what feels good.
That tends to be the best thing about it all, that feeling. The one that puts a person in heavenly places. The one that is so wrong and yet they'll cling onto it like it's a lifetime.

Though with much experience I've come to learn that cigarettes are food for broken souls. They'll fill their lungs with smoke because their lungs have lost the sensation of being filled with love.

Sure, the taste isn't good and their lifespan slowly ebbs away but that is of no matter to them. The psychology of it is that they're holding on to something that was never theirs in the first place.

Doesn't make much sense, does it? I suppose it wouldn't to people who have souls that are still intact. They don't take the time to think about what life would be like if it were the opposite of them. What would they take to fill the emptiness felt in their chest? Pain? Destruction?

People would rather cling to what may very well be their dismay simply because it looks good. Though I myself have come to learn that what may look good does not always taste good. Another one of deceptions wicked games if you will.

And so you'll find someone who would rather smoke away 'til the sky turns gray rather than come to terms with themselves or so it may seem. However, how can one be sure of someone's intentions unless they ask?
The world is accustomed to pointing out the action but it fails to question the reasoning behind it. No one asks why a person chooses to fill their lungs with smoke. Instead, they make it their business to tell them how wrong they are as if they don't already know.

Who would've thought the world would be so blind?

Maybe...just maybe there was someone out there who did not live life through such dirty eyes. Maybe there was someone willing to help another even when the weight of the world rested upon their shoulders.
It's a possibility, is it not? To help someone even when time itself has yet to help you or when they fail to see the truth your eyes portray. Maybe someone is there listening to the cries left out on the balcony at night.

Maybe...just maybe.

Though it is hard to know for certain. To see into the mind of someone else is not the most difficult task but trying to gauge how one may feel is what takes talent.