13: Choices

"Not again." I heaved a heavy sigh, pressing my fingers against my temple as the now all too familiar pain surged through my brain.

"Hey, Hikaru?"
"Hm..?" He sighed, looking over. I pulled the cake out of the bag, gave him a smirk, and smooshed it into his face. He gasped, standing up and wiping it off as best he could.
"What the hell, (Y/n)?!"
"How stupid do you think I am, Kaoru?" I glared, looking down to my lap.
"Why did you and Hikaru switch places?"
His eyes were wide as he stared at me. "You knew all along?"
"I told already. I've always been there. I've always known the difference. Was this date like a test or something? To see if I really knew?" I grabbed some napkins out of the Togo bag, and stood up, helping him wipe the cake from his face.

"I've always been there." I slowly repeated, moving my hands away from my head, then looking at them.

Yeah, now that I recall, I said that a lot to him. We have many memories together that I've yet to unlock, and I feel like I've jumped into some kind of video game trying to find out my past with these people.

"Hey, hun." My dad knocked on my door, waiting for a few seconds before opening it. He smiled to me, walking in and handing me a glass of water and a few pills.

"Your medicine."

"Thanks, dad."

I stared at each pill in my hand for a second, observing each color and size. One that was blue, with a red line around the middle was for the headaches. It helps ease the pain. One was a pale orange, that was round and rather large. It helped my brain in general, to help jog my memories more. Finally the last one that was small, this ones more of a nausea medicine. Sometimes the headaches can make me feel ill, so this helps that.

I quickly took my medicine, drinking about half the glass of water. It was very refreshing on my rather dry throat.

"How are you feeling?" My father asked, taking a seat on my bed. I set the glass down on my nightstand, taking a breath.

"I feel better. Do you mind if I go to the school and walk around the halls a bit? Maybe see some of my new teachers and maybe they can help me?"

"Sure thing, let me call one of your friends who can take you since they'll probably know your schedule. Maybe that Haruhi kid."

"Thanks, dad." I smiled to him as he stood, rubbing the top of my head then leaving.

The amount of support he has given me throughout this has been amazing. To have my father back in my life was truly spectacular. As well as a little brother and someone who took the role as my mom seriously.

I never thought I could have a life like this.

"Y/n, that marvelous young man Kyoya said he'd be honored to help."

My eyes widened slightly at this. Kyoya offered to take me? Isn't he kind of...I don't know, heartless? When we all went out together, he was the least engaging out of everyone. He didn't seem interested.

Well, crap. Better get dressed so he doesn't judge me more than he already does. So I rushed to my closet and put on the best looking casual outfit I had.

~~

"Nervous?" His deep voice said, as the limo bumped slightly. I shook my head, taking a breath.

"I'm sorry, I guess I'm rather confused on why you offered to show me around? You seem like you have better things to do with your time." I looked over to Kyoya, who wore a dark purple sleeveless shirt, along with some black jeans. All designer, of course.