4. I'm Losing You

"You two can't be here when George gets back." I groaned laid back on the couch after Cynthia demanded I lay down and relax.

"Look Jules understands it's a secret, right Jules?" Cynthia looked from me over to Julian who was playing with some toy cars George and I kept here for when we babysat him.

"There's no baby in Auntie P's tummy." Julian nodded with a small grin as if he were doing something naughty.

"Well that's convincing." I looked up at Cynthia as she set some oatmeal she'd whipped up she'd sworn helped her through her pregnancy on the coffee table.

"Alright, we'll be gone. But you better tell George tonight because I have a feeling John will be finding out soon enough." She sighed glancing back to Julian as he was back to playing.

"I've tried before to tell him, but he's under so much stress right now and Brian-" I sat up shaking my head.

Cynthia sat herself down beside me, grabbing my hands in hers.

"Poppy, he'll be elated. Tell him." She nodded knocking some sense into me.

She was right, I should be more excited than worried after all I'd been through throughout the past week, and George deserved some good news.

"Thanks Cyn." I grinned pulling her into a hug.

Just then the sound of the front door opening made both Cynthia and I tense up.

"Is that him?" Cynthia whispered in my ear breaking away from the hug.

My eyes were wide with horror as I looked over at Julian.

"Poppy?" Eric's voice sounded through the house, making Cynthia and I practically collapse into the couch in relief.

"Cynthia, Jules and I are in the living room." I called over to him as Cynthia beckoned for Julian to come over to her.

Eric's face became visible as both Cyn and I looked over the back of the couch.

Eric was dressed oddly nicer than his usual psychedelic getup he wore, being the lead guitarist of Cream.

In his hands he held a bouquet of pink lotus flowers that had recently become one of my favourites as I delved into the world of Hinduism with George, in love with everything they represented.

"Is this a bad time?" His smile faltered slightly seeing how somber both Cynthia and I were.

"Not at all." I tossed a sideways glance seeing she was smiling and nodding in agreement.

"George isn't home-" I began with a slight frown as he walked over to the couch.

"I know, I thought you might've wanted some company..." He trailed off with a charming grin, extending the followers toward me.

"I remember when you said they were your favourite." He spoke with a gentle voice as I took them, smiling in awe of how beautiful they were.

"Thank you." I smiled getting up and walking to the kitchen to put them in a vase.

"Eric! Auntie P's gonna have a baby." Julian spoke quickly from Cynthia's arms on the couch before Cynthia or I could stop him.

Both Cynthia and I gasped in shock. I turned around looking at Cynthia who shot me a sorrowful frown.

Although I wasn't too content Eric now knew, I was more relieved it hadn't been George who had just come home.

"Are you really?" A smile lifted the corners of his mouth upwards seeing how shocked I was.