11. Woman

"What's gone?" George asked in extreme bewilderment, scared of what I was so wrought up about.

"Yoko sent John a love letter and it was left at the door of their hotel door, and I-" I began anxiously.

"-don't tell me you grabbed it." George nearly begged, seeing the guilty look cloud over my face sorrowfully, causing him to groan.

"Well I don't have it any more, it must've fell out when you picked me up,but if either of them notice it's there on the bed it's all over." I began to pace suddenly fully awake.

"Well I'll go tell him." George went to reopen the door.

"Then he'll know you know about his affair." I squeaked.

"Alright, a fling maybe, but a full affair? This is John." George shook his head in disbelief, stopping in his tracks.

I shrugged seeing him shift uncomfortably at my apparent certainty that it didn't feel the same as any "fling" he's had before. The letter was delivered straight to his hotel room for God's sake.

"I don't care. I'm going to tell him, and while I'm at it, I'm going to tell him what an arse he is." George shook his head as he exited into the hallway beginning .

I followed him to the doorway deciding against objecting further as he looked so upset, opening the door a crack just to peak in at the scene anxiously.

John opened the door after he'd knocked, and although it was hard to make out what they were whisper yelling to one another, George was clearly visibly upset.

John left the door for a moment to retrieve the letter, returning to the door with it clutched in his hand continuing to look upset with George, telling him that it neither George or I's business.

He was clearly defensive as he knew he'd been caught doing something he knew plainly wasn't right.

"Cynthia's just in there and you have that artist writing you love letters?" George growled raising his voice slightly.

"Well what if I do? You act like you're the most innocent one of them all, ay Geo? Well, you're not and we both know tha'." John nearly shouted in frustration.

The look in George's eyes was then sharp and violent, a look I didn't often see on George, even when he was angry.

I began to grow uneasy as George stormed off back in the direction of our room with a scoff and roll of his eyes. I slid away from the door to the bed and began looking through my suitcase when he came in practically steaming from the ears.

"Why are you so upset love? What happened?" I was almost scared to say anything, but to my surprise he clammed up once I had said spoken.

"I just, can't believe he would do that to her." He sighed as he looked down, begging to heat up once again as he thought about it.

My expression softened, thinking of Cynthia

"You don't deserve that." He mumbled as he sat himself down on the end of the bed.

I furrowed my eyebrows for a moment, unclear of what he meant.

"I mean as in Cynthia." He shook his head looking extremely exhausted as he slowly laid back, rubbing his hands over the length of his face.

I swallowed the lump in my throat as a twinge of something I felt I'd rather suppress for now came up, nagging in the back of my mind.
                   ________________

George and I soon both got ready for bed attempting to put the John predicament out of mind for now so we could both get some well needed rest.

It didn't really work however, once him and I were both laying down for bed he spoke up, clearly as restless as I was.

"What do you think Cynthia would do if she found out?" He spoke in almost a whisper, causing me to turn on my side towards him as he did the same.

Through the darkness of the room I could see his eyes sparking from the light of the moon through the window.

"It depends on how much damage has already been done between John and Yoko," I paused, trying to fight the thoughts of what they had potentially done out of mind, "but I think she'd be crushed." I watched as his eyes flashed with a cross of guilt and concern as he laid back on his back.

Soon after I felt his arms wrap around me and a gentle kiss being put into the crook of my neck. I felt a warmness in my chest as I moved closer to him, letting out a deep sigh, forcing myself to let George's embrace clear my mind. Through it all in, in that moment it became clear I've always had and hope to have George right by my side.

My eyes soon became heavier and I slowly drifted off out of consciousness.
                        ______________
The next day was more hectic than the night before, and I wouldn't even dare look at John in the eye the entire morning before getting on to the bus.

"Poppy." Paul spoke from behind startling me, reminding me to keep on walking. I realized I'd been caught in my thoughts as I stared to the magical mystery tour coach bus outside from inside of the hotel doors.

This morning there hadn't been as many fans and reporters as the night before but there was still a good number waiting to catch a glimpse of the boys. It was quite the contrast to the crowds of people I had come to know in the previous years of touring, and I wasn't sure if anyone was used to the change, but the crowds had become too much for everyone. That's why I felt I understood the reason why this magical mystery tour needed to be pushed, it was to keep them working on something together.

"You alright this morning love? You seem, distracted." He noted as we began walking together toward the bus.

"No, I'm fine, just a lot to take in with this whole thing." I offered a small grin to which he returned giddily.

"Oh I know, it's only going to get more mad from here on love." He giggled with a small peck on my cheek before letting me get on the bus first, following me on close after.

I laughed shaking my head at Paul's anxiousness, I'm glad he was chipper this morning at least. I had been up early feeling ill and wasn't exactly in such a great mood considering all I'd learned yesterday night.

"How's baby Harrison?" Paul asked as we made it to the back of the bus, causing me to smile uncontrollably.

"Baby Harrison?" I giggled watching him nod to encourage me to go on, "well, they woke me up this morning and made me sick," I paused, noticing John getting on the bus.

"Much like his uncle John." I let the words slip from my mouth causing Paul to laugh, as he was unaware of how I wasn't making a joke, and also seemingly as high as a kite.

"Well, I hope I teach them how to make their mum smile then." Paul looked over to me with a childish grin making me return it with a small laugh.

"See!" He exclaimed pointing to my smile.

"Watch and learn, baby." He said goofily, snapping his fingers and pointing down to my tummy.

I pursed my lips and shook my head refusing to laugh at Paul to further boost his ego. His bright mood this morning seemed almost unnatural.

"Morning ladies." Paul tipped his head to the rest of the Beatle girls as they approached the back, scooting around them to get back up to the front of the bus as we were due to get back on the road soon.

"Morning." Cynthia grinned as her and I sat down next to each other.

I could feel John's stare burning a hole in the side of my head from being near her but I knew already I wasn't going to be the one to tell her what he'd done. Getting in the middle of this drama seemed like unneeded stress I didn't wish to put on the baby, especially since all that's happened since I'd fallen pregnant.

"Alright day two of magical mystery tour, let's get at it." John clapped causing me to jump.

I exhaled heavily, feeling my heart rate quicken as I felt Cynthia look at me quizzically because of my sullen expression glued to my face.

This wouldn't end well.