27. Here Comes The Sun

I watched intently as George's eyes blink open, he immediately being flooded with a wave of confusion.

He hadn't been fully conscious at all since yesterday when I had come home to find him drunk. I was petrified when he'd fallen unconscious, I had called the ambulance immediately after the scene had gone down. It brought up a horrible memory that I had never wanted to relive having found Brian in the same position.

George had gotten alcohol poisoning and had needed his stomach pumped, all of which had been overwhelmingly terrifying with everything that had already happened. The doctors assured me however he'd come back round in no time which helped set me at ease at least for the baby's sake.

"Poppy? Where are we?" George was squinting from the light in the room, seeming to have no recollection of what had happened whatsoever.

"The hospital." I spoke flatly, my head propped up on my hands as my elbows were on my knees.

He blinked a few times deep in thought trying to search for an answer for the questions he so clearly had trying to recall last night's events.

"You gave yourself alcohol poisoning." I leaned forward impatiently trying to ring some bells, frustrated with him.

I had thought he'd died.

"Poppy," he began shaking his head, a frown beginning as his eyes met my glare.

If I wouldn't have been there, he could've died.

"How could you be so thoughtless? You could've-" I couldn't bring myself to continue, tears threatening to rise as I stared into his eyes that were glazed with a thick fog.

"I'm sorry." He whispered in the sincerest possibly way he could, looking deep into my eyes through my vacant expression.

"Well, I don't know if I believe you." I spoke with a rigid expression, rising from the chair I had been sitting at for the past day waiting.

"I'm going to go get a doctor." I looked back at his lost puppy dog expression stiffly, feeling a part of my heart ache at the sight.

I understood why he had pushed me away now more than before and I had sympathy, though still completely distraught. I was a mess with feelings, and I hadn't a clue where I stood on George. Was it too late to forgive him?

Once I had gotten a nurse, she'd checked his vitals and gone to get a doctor, leaving George and I alone again.

"Please don't leave me." George seemed helpless, looking up to me with a look that made me want to tell him everything would be alright, but I forced myself to stay in place.

It wasn't so easy as forgiving and forgetting.

"I would never leave you, George," I paused, trying not to explode into a fit of telling him everything he's put me through because I was certain he was aware, "I just want to know if I'm still who you want to be with, if we're really starting a family, because I just need a straight answer." I nearly begged him to level with me, watching him desperately wanting to cut in at what I was saying.

"Of course I want to start a family with you. Poppy, it's always been you," George echoed the same thing Paul had said only two days before, tearing away at my heartstrings, "I was so stupid for pushing you away, I just got in my head about what you deserved, better than me, I'm sure." he shook his head, causing me to frown slightly, my empathy getting the best of me.

"George, all I've ever wanted is to be with you." I corrected him shaking my head, lightening his grave expression.

The doctor came in once again, tearing out attention away from one another.