33: I STALKED THE GIRL HE LIKES

I STALKED THE GIRL HE LIKES

Boredom striked me while watching a foreign documentary this person sitting beside me suggested for us to watch.

I don't really like his tastes in films. He prefers those that require analytical and logical thinking while I would choose romantic and funny films that would appeal to my emotions.

"Can I borrow your phone?" I asked while wheezing.

Without any hesitation, he handed his phone to me ㅡ which didn't have any password to begin with ㅡ so I had the freedom to browse everything inside of it.

I went to his Facebook app and stalked an account he has been babbling about for years ㅡ the account owned by the girl he likes.

Just by seeing her profile picture, I frowned.

"She looks like an ugly cow who just missed the beauty boat." I hissed while switching one picture to another and finding out how each picture were plastered with tons of camera filters.

Her fashion even screamed that of a loser girl who hardly gets attention in school. I'd say she's a nobody ㅡ definitely not a head turner.

I went through the details about her like rummaging the hobbies, interests and likes she has, but surprisingly, not one of them were interesting for she had none.

"What a lame girl."

Her bio is even useless. It's a quotation from a book which I assume everyone hasn't read yet. She has weird tastes.

I continued scrolling to read her Facebook posts and shares in her wall.

"Is this a troll account or what?" I blurted after going through a ton of shared memes and useless posts.

"Why do you keep on murmuring?" he asks disturbed by my noise.

"So she's the girl you like?" my eyebrows met. "This is the best you could, Glenn?"

"Yes, Carlene." he smiled proudly. "What's the problem?"

"Just look at her. There's nothing special about her. She looks downright dumb and I doubt sher competence for being a girlfriend material, yet you like her still?"

He shaked his head and let out his teeth with a grin.

"I like her because you don't see the way I see her. You just don't see how beautiful she is when she doesn't even know it herself. You don't see the way she smiles when the rays of the sun hits her cheeks, how she opens the door for old people without expecting anything in return, how she helps children cross the street even when she's late for work and how her heart, despite the world's cruelty, manages to shine through her goodness and purity."

My lips pursed and I turned to the phone focusin on stalking the account again ㅡ trying to find all the admiration he was talking about but couldn't find any.

I heard him laugh as he slowly snaked his arms on my waist.

"No matter how many times you ask me who I like, the answer would just be the same ㅡ it's you and will always be you." he kissed the side of my lips before leaning on my shoulder. "Now baby, will you stop stalking your own account?"

I smiled and felt a puddle in my eyes.

People do have different ways to see a person.

There will always be that one person who sees you beautifully and perfectly no matter how you think of yourself as something you are not.