Chapter 6

James Potter was supposed to have lost his mind after waking up next to Robin White in front of everyone. He was supposed to lose his mind, argue with his friends, get pissed at the rumours flying about. But, despite his constant worries over his friends discovering what he was doing, he was fine. Life went on, he supposed. He had done much worse, but even still he strutted the the halls like he was the king.

And that made Robin go crazy.

He could see it in her eyes as she pushed past him in potions class, trying to look indifferent or stone-faced, but her eyes burned with anger and mortification. How many times was she going to feel this way because of him? Neither of them knew, but James was enjoying knowing that she would be restless in anger that night.

It was the first time since the beginning of the storm that someone knew something was going on between them. But no, that someone was not Remus Lupin or Sirius Black. Nor was it Bellatrix Black or Lucius Malfoy.

It was Diana Dean, notorious Ravenclaw gossip that was known for being the most unfiltered and bitchy girl to ever roam the halls of Hogwarts. When she started talking, it was all rosy lips and dark lashes, a little bit of flirting and a little bit of danger. Once she was done with someone, she knew their deepest darkest secrets. It was almost a trade, you needed to pay her in one way or another to get to keep your secret.

James had always hated her. Though he had no reason other than the gossip in Hogwarts was almost always a blatant lie, and that she was generally a bad person, he always had. And now that she had figured something was going on between them he finally figured out why.

Diana was too stubborn.

She spent every waking minute trying to find out what was going on and bit did she did a good job hiding it, but to James it was so obvious. She followed him everywhere and gathered information that was almost impossible to tell. The worst part was, she wasn't wrong. She knew what she was doing, and she always got her way.

She made it difficult for Robin and James to actually see each other, given that they weren't supposed to be found out like this, but she made sure he knew when she had found dirt.

But she would have to go out in the stormy weather to find out what happened, and James was certain that nobody had time for that.

Diana did. And she was about to find her big scoop.