Chapter 21

"Alright. So preparations aren't very difficult... At first." James was positively beaming. He was so excited that he was practically glowing.

"Nice to know my pain is a source of happiness to you." Robin commented, earning herself a few snigger. She crossed her arms and leaned against the door of the dormitory.

"Ha-ha. Very funny. Just drink this." he handed her a small vial containing some kind of hot pink liquid.

"I do not trust you." she held the vial in front of her with caution.

"Just do it." Sirius said tiredly, "We don't have all day."

"Alright, fine" she muttered as she reluctantly tipped the glass bottle over and drank all of the odourless liquid.

"Now that we have that out of the way, repeat these words and spin around three times." he handed her a piece of folded up parchment with some gibberish written all over it.

"This makes no sense." Robin pointed out, shoving the paper back into his hands.

"I know it doesn't, but you have to do it." Remus sighed.

"The things I do for you boys." she grabbed the paper and repeated a few words of nonsense whilst spinning around.

"There you go!" Peter laughed at the girls actions, "You know, I find it funnier when I don't have to do it myself."

"Oh shush." she scolded him and swatted his arm lightly, all while grinning.

"Right. So that was the simple preparation for what comes next, which you will have to do while we prepare the potion."

"Okay. What do I have to do?" she asked, genuinely intrigued.

"You have to keep..." James searched on the table behind him for the item he was looking for, "This Mandrake leaf in your mouth for a month."

"You're just messing with me now." she backed away from the group.

"Couldn't be more serious, love." he smirked at her awed reaction, handing her a chalkboard hanging from a thick piece of string. "You can write everything on here. And you can say you're taking a vow of silence."

"Oh no. I won't be able to talk?"

"Not even a little."

Robin sighed. She hadn't even wanted to do this in the first place, now she was taking a vow of silence.

No turning back now.

*

"

Hey Robin." Sirius approaches her at the Slytherin table along with James, Remus and Peter, "So, we were going for a swim in the Black Lake to celebrate the beginning of spring next week, and of course we were wondering if you wanted to come along? If you don't, just say no and we won't bother you."

Robin glares at him visibly and Sirius grins in return.

"Great, so we'll see you next week." Sirius steps away from the table but Robin grabs his arm and pulls him back down, before scribbling furiously on her chalkboard.

How do I eat with this thing?

James laughs and shrugs.

"You're gonna have to figure that out yourself, love."

Robin pouts and gathers her things, heading off to class. Remus laughs slightly from behind her.

"She's definitely regretting this."