Blood Sweat & Tears

Seokjin just arrived back to the mansion after visiting his parents grave. He shared his thoughts and loosen his burden there. About Namjoon, about Myungsoo, about Jungkook. About how nice Namjoon's parents. About Soyou and Hyungwon's kindness. About his grandparents Hyungwon told him when they came back from the hill. About Kim & Co he had never heard before. And about why his father's family never looking for him. Seokjin assumed they don't care. Well, he don't mind. He won't mind. He doesn't need anything from them though. His only mind was Namjoon. Why the man still got no clue about him and his son at all. It saddened him.

Not long after he washed, baby Myungsoo woke up and then he took him on his lap. He sat on the mattress with Namjoon's postcards scattered beside him. He wanted to reread it. Seokjin took one of those postcards with Jack O'Lantern theme and handed it to Myungsoo.

"Look, daddy sent this at Halloween three years ago. He said that he lost a bet so he must wear Gudetama costume." Seokjin laughed to imagine what Namjoon looked like in such costume.

And the baby mumbled some words like he understood what his mother had telling him.

"How about we buy Gudetama costume for you, Myung? You must be very cute. And hopefully daddy will remember his missing memories, about us."

Myungsoo nodded his head and biting the postcard as he thought it was a biscuit.

"Auntie Soyou wants to hold a Halloween dinner with all of us. She also invited Jungkookie hyung. What mommy should wear then?"

Myungsoo giggled and raised the postcard.

"Gudetama costume as well? Nooo. Mommy want something fancy. Something simple yet pretty and... And help daddy to remember..." Seokjin felt his heart pang. "Ohh, don't you know that daddy also recorded fairytales swag version for us, Myung?" Seokjin raised on his feet with baby Myung on his cradle, heading to the bedside table to play the cassete on the cassete player he bought not long ago. He wanted his son to listen the fairytales Namjoon had recorded before he went to States.

When Seokjin engrossed reading another postcards, someone knocked on his door. It was still noon, Namjoon was still in the office with Hyungwon, so Seokjin didn't have to worry about the postcards and the cassette he played for Myungsoo.

"Jin?" Soyou peeked inside. "Let's have some caramel cake. I just bought it. "

"A minute. I am reading these postcards for Myung. Please come in first."

Soyou came inside and sat on the edge of the bed and took one postcard that has Christmas theme. "Is this postcard from Namjoon? May I read?" Seokjin nodded and she read it. "Ohh I remember this one. I was the one who went to the post office to post this because Namjoon couldn't go himself... He caught a bloody fever." Soyou chuckled. "He insisted to go but I was afraid."

The date said it was written on December 1st two years ago. Seokjin tried to recall his own memories around that date. What a coincidence when he remembered he also caught a bad flu with fever at that time.

"Jin," Soyou seemed concern, judging by her voice. "Don't you think it's better if you tell Namjoon the truth?" She was speaking as she read another postcards. "I understand why you want him to remember things by himself. But, what I witnessed was both of you are suffering..."

Seokjin couldn't hide his conflicted expression. He thought a lot. He wanted Namjoon to remember without him telling the truth, but Soyou probably right. He couldn't deny the miserable feelings he had to bear so far. He couldn't deny that he was starting to accept the rough and desperate Namjoon. However, Namjoon wasn't the only one to blame. It was him. He contributed on making the beast awake.