Chapter 1

It's Christmas Eve.
Everyone are getting ready for the night and Maya is actually nerves about what is going to happen.
She is staying with Riley cause her parents are away and it is a little uncomfortable.
She quickly dressed and went in front.

Maya's outfit 👆

Maya's outfit 👆

"Hey Maya," Riley said and Maya smiles.
Riley and Maya had know each other for the past ten years and nothing will ever change that
"Hi Riley. This has been a crazy year, huh?"
"The roughest. How are you holding up with your mom away?"
I shake my head and immediately don't like what I see.
"Oh no."
"What?" Riley asks and turn around.
"Hi Josh," Riley says and hugs him.
Joshua Matthews.
A long term crush and if that weren't enough to distract me I have to deal with my feelings for him too.
He looks over Riley's shoulder and sees me.
"What Maya? Weren't you expecting me?" Josh asks and I take a deep breath.
"No I wasn't Josh."
I decide to be civil and nice.
"It's nice to see you," Maya said.
"You too."

It was later the night and everybody knew something was up.
Riley didn't bother to say much but I could see it was uncomfortable for more than just me and Josh.
I decided to forget about everything else and just relax.
"Why don't you sing something?" a voice asks behind me.
Clearly Riley thinks singing will solve the problem.
"No thanks," Maya says knowing Riley will bug her in seconds.
"Come on. Please Peaches," says Riley and Maya sigh.
"Okay let's see what you got."
Maya quickly looks at the song and nod her head.
She puts on a soft melody and Cory and Josh sees her.
"What is she doing?" Josh asks.
"She is going..."
Josh immediately recognises the song.
"I know this song," Josh says.
Maya takes a deep breath and prepare herself.
She looks at Josh and know this is going to effect them.
"Didn't know what to get you. Ordinary just wouldn't do. But I just found the perfect gift for you. Now I got it all ready. But it's not wrapped in red or green. Come and sit down beside me here. Underneath the Christmas tree," Maya sings as she sits down next to Josh and he joins her.
"We've got mistletoe and firelight. On this cold December night. The snow outside will set the mood. As I sing my song for you," they both sing and Maya gets up smiling.
"I hear church bells a-ringin'. Carolers are singing harmony with me now."
Josh gets up and takes Maya hand.
"You are looking so lovely, yeah. Even if the lights go out. We've got mistletoe and firelight. On this cold December night. The snow outside will set the mood. As I sing my song for you. You're so beautiful. I only hope you see what I see (see yeah). Every word is meant to show you how much you mean to me. We've got mistletoe and firelight. On this cold December night. The snow outside will set the mood. As I sing my song. We've got mistletoe (mistletoe) and firelight (firelight). On this cold December night. The snow outside will set the mood. As I sing my song (sing my song), sing my song for you."
Maya and Josh looks into each other's eyes and Maya realises what Riley was trying to prove.
"What were you thinking Riley?" Maya asks and Josh stands behind her.
"Yeah I think this is stupid," Josh says and Riley sight.
"You have chemistry guys," says Riley and Maya rolls her eyes.
"You chose I song that you knew both me and Josh know."
"Of course I would. Come on Maya."
"No. Why do you want to do this?" Maya asked knowing her answer is going to hit her hard.
"You know why," Riley says and I take a deep breath.
I can't just tell her directly what I think but I am.
"Josh told me long ago how he feels about me. Excuse me."
Maya heads out of the door and Josh sighs.
"Maya wait. See what you did."
"I'm sorry Josh," Riley says.
"You never think of your actions," says Josh and look for Maya.