Chapter 13

It was Monday and after the weekend Maya had definitely gotten her strength back looking forward to everything.
Or at least to some of the things in her life.
She definitely wasn't going to start with stuff like schoolwork immediately but she did know that she was going to start seeing more people once they get out of school.
Maya was reading a book that her mother had gotten her when she saw Josh coming through the door.

"Don't you have class?" Maya asked.
"Finished early. How you feeling after the weekend?" Josh asked sitting down on the bed next to her.
"Stronger definitely. It's also just coming to me now that I got the transplants. Up until today it felt like that but now I was feeling like myself again. Like the girl I was before I heard about this stupid disease," Maya said.
"You still are her. It doesn't mean just because you aren't her anymore that you should do something different. You'll always be that girl," Josh said.
"No. Because I experienced so much more than I would ever had. I definitely can't wait to get out of this hospital at the end of the six weeks," Maya said.
"Don't tell me you are already feeling bored. You're going to be here for at least five more weeks," Josh said.
"Yeah, I know but you shouldn't be worried about me. I'll be fine," Maya said.
"Well it's kinda my job to make sure you're okay. Whether I should or I can," Josh said.
"Yeah, well eventually I'm anyway gonna get bore of this entire thing," Maya said.
"Then I'll come as often as I can to make sure you are okay and not bored," Josh said causing Maya to smile.