Chapter 8

It was later the afternoon and Josh was wandering around the apartment while Maya was fast asleep in the bedroom.
He moved her from the living room to her bed so she can have some quiet and since she was asleep he allowed himself to do some practical work.
The door opens and he immediately sees Topanga and Auggie.

"Uncle Josh. What you doing here?" Auggie asked and sat down next to him.
"Auggie go put your bag down then I'll make you some lunch, okay?" Topanga said.
"Just be quiet. Maya is sleeping," Josh said and Auggie was off.
"Think I'll get him something from the bakery. I heard  she collapsed. Everything okay?" Topanga asked.
"Low blood pressure but that can be fixed. Shame she immediately fell asleep after we got home," Josh said.
"States how tired she was," Topanga said.
"Yeah," Josh said and Auggie came running out.

"Okay, we'll eat at the bakery, Auggie. I have to get going," Topanga said.
"Mama is she going to be okay?" Auggie asked.
"I don't know. Let's go," Topanga said.

As the door closed Josh closed his computer and went inside Maya's room.
Seeing the fifteen year old asleep was something he never thought could be as beautiful as it was.
He brushed her hair out of her face causing her to slightly move but not to wake up.
He smiles as he throws the blanket over her shoulders and heads out of the room.