Chapter 14

"Finally," Maya said as Cory came through the door with Riley.
"Wow, you must be really bored," Riley said.
"Wish I could just go back to school. It's very boring here. Josh was here a bit on Monday but I could do with some company and of course my parents don't even call. Would say I'm sick while I'm recovering from a dual organ transplant. But hey. At least I'm alive," Maya said as she suddenly started to get some severe pain.
"Maya, what's wrong?" Riley asked.
"I'm okay," Maya said as she took a deep breathe.
"I'm getting the doctor," Cory said and went out.

"I'm okay. Really," Maya said as she tried to cope through the pain.

Of course it was much more severe than she could ever think it would be but it was two severe surgeries so it was understandable that she would have some big pain.
Riley went over to her bed as she just looked at her best friend while the doctor came through.

"Everything okay?" he asked.
"No. Something is wrong. She's in a lot of pain," Riley said and Maya exhaled.
"I'm okay," Maya said and closed her eyes.
"No, you're not," Cory said.
"Everyone out. I want to examine her," he said and Cory took Riley out.

"Call Uncle Josh. Something is really, really wrong," Riley said.