••Incertitude••

(Uncertainty)

**✰**

'This was not how it was supposed to go'

Todoroki averted his eyes and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "Im sorry, but becoming the number one hero is my only focus right now."

Y/n stared at her feet and then offered him a small smile. "I understand Todoroki. Well, I'll see you in class" she quickly said her goodbye and walked off.

'How could this happen?'

'It hurts'

**✰**

When class began the next day Todoroki noticed Y/n take her seat right as Mr. Aizawa walked in. 'That's odd, she's always on time.' He waited for her to turn around and greet him with the warm smile she wore every morning, but this time, there was nothing.

He sighed, Todoroki wasn't dumb, he knew she got there right on time to avoid him. He felt slightly guilty and upset over how things turned out but tried his best to put it out of his mind, at least until class was over.

**✰**

Weeks went by yet, he didn't say a word, he told himself he should only focus on his goal and set everything else aside.

Todoroki eventually decided to confide in Deku about his feelings and asked for his advice. "So you changed your mind?" Deku asked looking at the confused male beside him. "No..." Todoroki replied firmly staring at nothing in particular. "You clearly like having her around" Deku tried reasoning with the male.

"Todoroki, why did you say no?" Todoroki stayed silent for a bit before speaking up. "I have one goal..." Deku sighed, finally understanding Todoroki's behavior.

He had always been focused on his father in some way, that he never had the time to focus on anything aside from that. He had come to care for y/n but he feared that loving her would distract him. If he acknowledged what she meant to him he thought he would lose sight of his goal.

In the end, Todoroki had convinced himself that he had no time for love, no time to look away from becoming the number one hero. "Todoroki, have you ever loved someone?" Deku asked and looked over at the male who sat there silently. "Do you-"

"I don't have time for that" Todoroki replied quickly, cutting off Deku. "Think about it though. She means more to you than you care to admit." The bi-color haired male stayed silent.

"Todoroki, if you do love her, now might be the time to say something... she was clearly hurt by the rejection and put up space between you two... eventually she'll move on and you might just come to regret it."

**✰**

Deku's words echoed in his head a few weeks later when he saw y/n talking to Kaminari. He couldn't ignore the fact that it ticked him off but decided to just ignore them. 'maybe it's for the best the she finds someone else'

A few more days went by and Kaminari seemed to stick by y/n's side. Todoroki bitterly watched them do everything they used to do together. 'She used to bring lunch for me, she used to smile at me, she used to let me hug her, she used to only look at me, she loved me first.'

'Eventually she'll move on and you might just come to regret it.'

Todoroki flinched, his quirk accidentally creating a few flames on his left side. A few students stopped talking and turned to look at him. "Todoroki?" he snapped out his trance, hearing Deku call out to him. "You were right" he muttered to the freckled boy.

**✰**

Another day of class had finally come to an end. TodorokI sat there and waited for everyone to leave before gathering his things. He made his way down the halls but paused when he heard someone crying. He walked over to what looked like a club room and opened the door.

His eyes softened when he recognized y/n's figure leaning over on one of the desks. Her head resting on the table, facing towards the window. He stood there for a second or two before making his way over to her and taking a seat on the chair in front of her.

She looked up at him but quickly looked away again. He quietly caressed her hair in an effort to comfort her. "Why are you crying?" His voice was soft and caring, urging her to confide in him, to tell him whatever was bothering her, even though, deep down he already knew.

"Im tired of all this Sho..." he froze hearing her call him by his nickname again. There was a moment of silence before she spoke up again. "I wish I could just hate you so I could move on, but I can't" she said, her voice cracking half way through. She sat up and only then did Todoroki notice her tears and how the tip of her nose was slightly red.

'How many times had I made her cry now?'

Todoroki reached out and wiped away her tears, slowly leaned forward and pressed his forehead against hers, allowing his eyes to close. "I'm so sorry. I never wanted to hurt you"

"But you did... and yet I still want to be with you." Todoroki pulled back a little and looked at her. "I miss you Sho" his heart jumped slightly in his chest. Acting purely on instinct, he leaned forward, only stopping right before their lips met.

He knew the second his lips met hers, he wouldn't be able to stop himself.

"You mean everything to me, but-" she quickly cut him off, pushing forward and connecting their lips. That was it, the little self control Todoroki had left was now gone. 'Shit' he cursed at himself as he leaned over the table, in an attempt to be closer to her.

A few seconds later he pulled away and rested his head on her shoulder. "This. This is exactly why I can't be with you" y/n shivered as his breath hit her neck, his lips brushing her skin when he spoke.

He kissed her shoulder and pulled away. "You make it hard to think. I spent so much time holding back and you destroyed all my self control in a matter of seconds." He paused and looked away.

"Then stop trying" he smiled, and laughed softly. "I didn't want to say no, but I knew that if I said yes, you would only consume my thoughts. I want to be number one and prove my father wrong and I thought accepting you would distract me, yet you seem to occupy my mind regardless."

Y/n pushed back the chair and walked to his side. "I know how important that is to you but even still, I love you, and hearing all this makes me happy even if it sounds selfish." Torodoki looked up at her and smiled "I think the selfish one here is me."

He grabbed her hand pulled her towards him. "I took the one good thing I had and shoved it away." He wrapped an arm around her waist pulling her down. "If you truly love something let it go.. and if it comes back then it's truly yours.." she quoted and sat on his lap. Wrapping her arms around him in a hug.

Torodoki held her close, maybe he could be number one without having to give her up.

**✰**

AN: I hope you're enjoying my book, please leave a comment or a vote if you enjoyed the chapter. A quick reminder that I also take requests, so feel free to message me with any wonderful ideas :)