••Hybrid••

**✰**

**✰**

Quirks and hero's first appeared a couple decades ago and have since become the new norm. It was understood among the people that quirks were genetic and passed down from parent to offspring but with such powers new questions arose as well.

It made sense how passing down quirks down generations worked but a handful of scientists began to wonder if it would be possible for an offspring to inherit multiple quirks from their parents.

Brimming with curiosity, scientists quickly began experimenting the possibilities the mutation, known as quirks, could wield. After many trials ending in failure, they eventually succeeded. The first ever hybrid to have not only survived the trials but thrive, was known as Todoroki Shoto.

Todoroki was their masterpiece, a result of years of research and experimentation, mainly funded my his father, the number 2 hero, Endeavor. This success opened doors to the creation of more QIPs, or Quirk-Infused-Persons, and the alteration of quirks.

After Todoroki, scientists were able to create a few more QIPs for observation and further research. The first was a freckled boy named Deku, once quirkless, but now holding the power of one for all; second a brunette name Ochaco who was given the power of zero gravity; third, a blonde boy with the ability to create explosions through his palms; and fourth was Y/n.

Y/n had been given the ability to manipulate water. She along with the others were placed in a room within the UA research institute that allowed them to interact with each other until it came time to be escorted to their rooms. Todoroki however didn't share this luxury.

For being the first to wield two quirks, he was rarely ever left in the room with the others to bond and interact; instead he was kept isolated in his room as they ran multiple tests and procedures on the boy.

Now that Todoroki was turning 16 they figured it was time to allow him to spend more time with the others. Todoroki had spoken to the other QIPs on other occasions but he had never truly gotten the chance to befriend them.

When he finally had the chance, Todoroki was overwhelmed by the warm welcome he received as the others were escorted to the room. His mismatched eyes shifting from face to face until they noticed her. Maybe it was her smile, or her eyes, there was something that felt familiar about the girl.

Meeting her eye they exchanged greetings and names. She offered a sincere smile that made his heart thump loudly in his chest, his right side heat up slightly, and his cheeks turn a slight pink.

Todoroki had never known kindness or any sort of affection held towards him. No one had ever smiled so kindly at him or felt so comforting to be around, until he met her.

Todoroki was the most valued hybrid ever created by UA institute, the first QIP to have 2 quirks; but in her eyes he was finally just Todoroki Shoto and he couldn't be happier, happy to finally be seen a person and not the success hybrid.

**✰**

AN: I hope you're enjoying my book, please leave a comment or a vote if you enjoyed the chapter. A quick reminder that I also take requests, so feel free to message me with any wonderful ideas :)