••Mortelle••

(Lethal/Deadly)

**✰**

The trio froze in their spots as they took in how heavy the atmosphere felt around Y/n, the blood stains on her hands, and the empty expression on her face. Todoroki and Uraraka silently watched from beside Deku; their hearts a little heavy.

She had taken a life, this wasn't exactly the first time. She had killed before, and without hesitation when she was still an assassin and living under her parent's expectations. She was the youngest child, stuck under the shadow of her older brother, their parent's pride and joy, a perfect assassin. She, on the other hand, was gifted with talent, the ability to be far more lethal than her kin and thus becoming her mother's muse.

Yet despite having a powerful quirk and extensive training, she never truly cared much for being an assassin, it was merely what she knew before she came to UA. There she found an instant liking towards Deku for his kind nature and soon found herself being called a friend. Slowly she escaped the mentality her family had trained into her mind, she didn't want to be an assassin, she wanted to be a hero.

It hadn't been her intention to kill again, but during her fight she had realized he was stronger than she thought. Her mind accidentally reverting to the mentality her brother trained into her brain, deeply engraved. 'If you can't kill them, run. Otherwise... kill them, without hesitation (Y/n).' She was frustrated with herself for falling back into her habits but at the same time knew she was only alive because of them.

'You're a (L/n), and have been blessed with a talent far greater than mine; get it together .

Friends? You can't have friend Y/n. You're an assassin. You're not capable of being human.

You have no desires, you're not capable of being like the rest. You're an assassin, nothing more.'

Her brothers voice rang in her head as she desperately tried to silence him. "Y/n" Deku called out, feet still planted to the ground. They all knew what was going on in her mind, they could feel the intimidating aura around her and despite knowing her, their minds screamed 'she's dangerous'. Deku's voice was a kind but small sound, yet still enough for the girl to react.

'He's wrong, what I want...'

Her head turned towards them, the empty look disappearing as she saw them. Her (e/c) eyes fell on Deku before noticing Todoroki standing right beside him. Her heart picked up, her eyes burning slightly as the need to cry arose. Todoroki blinked in surprise when he saw a quick blue flash, before instantly feeling her weight appear suddenly over his shoulders, her arms clinging to him tightly.

A small smile found its way to Ururaka's lips as she watched Todoroki hug her in return. She nudged at a clueless Deku before they walked over to the villain, and taking him with them. Todoroki silently watched the other two as they walked away, gently caressing the girl's hair in a lovely manner.

Feeling her look up and him, Todoroki's eyes met to hers before leaning down and placing a soft kiss to her lips. Despite how strong she was, her heart was made of glass and she was vulnerable deep inside. From the moment they met, there was an odd feeling of familiarity amongst the pair, a mutual understanding.

'I want to be with him. For as long as I can'

**✰**

Quick: God speed
- for the HxH fans, I think you can see where my inspiration came from :)

**✰**

AN: I hope you're enjoying my book, please leave a comment or a vote if you enjoyed the chapter. A quick reminder that I also take requests, so feel free to message me with any wonderful ideas :)