Author's Note

To you, my dear reader, I say a warm 'thank you' for reading my book. I sincerely hope that you have gained a lot to be put to positive use. 

In this regard, I also wish to state that I am proudly a citizen of Nigeria. And my intention for writing this book is neither to defame my country or Africa as a whole, nor to encourage hostility, stereotyping, racism or ignorance in any form towards Nigerians or people from the African continent. My intention is to shed light on the challenges that some Nigerian citizens face, in order to encourage and inspire the positive changes we need to effect in our society, so as to make it grow and flourish as it should, for the good of all. I also intend to encourage humanity as a whole, to endeavour to cherish the inner goodness that exists in each and every one of us; and to never give up hope on our ability to improve, change or love one another as we could. Any vice or distasteful set of actions you may have seen in this book is not peculiar to Nigerians alone, and does not in any manner portray the best Nigeria has to offer. As a matter of fact, it may very well be the worst of the worst, and is only meant to show the extent to which some humans like you and I suffer at the hands of other humans. 

One of the causes of this suffering is social inequality, which engenders poverty and gives ample room for the rich to oppress the poor. And to the poor as well as members of the frustrated middle-class, it gives a mandate to revolt by taking to decadence and crime. 'The love of money' they say, is the root of all evils. Amongst other things, 'the utter paucity of money' I believe, can propagate and objectify this carnal love, which inevitably leads to evil. Economic problems due to corruption and whatnot have plagued Nigeria for decades. People have suffered and people are suffering. Some are dying of hunger and some are barely able to make ends meet. Talents are withering away and dreams are being crushed. More of our promising youths are taking to decadence and crime. 

Therefore, first and foremost, I implore our Nigerian leaders to come to our aid. We need them now, more than ever. And I encourage you as well, to try to make a positive difference wherever you are, however you can; not only for yourself, or for Nigeria, or for your country, but for the world.

I wish you sustainable happiness on life's journey.

~Samson Arewah