Chance

Crystal didn't quite understand what just happened. Her head was throbbing. Not with pain but with distortion. But it subsided after a second or two. Crystal suspected it was his power at work.

She looked across to find Shinso with his eyebrows furrowed and his eyes narrowed on her. She shivered under his intimidating glare.

She had to win before Shinso would grab hold of her conscious again. She pushed away all the distortions and distractions and put a victory first.

She wasted no time, running at Shinso and trying to get ahold of him. Shinso threw a punch in defense, only to dig his own grave.

Crystal anticipated it and dodged. She quickly regained her stature and caught his fist as he recoiled it. She unleashed her wings and swooped up with him swaying in her hold.

"Cementoss! Catch!" She swung Shinso to Cementoss, who was in charge of managing the fights.

Cementoss fumbled to catch Shinso.

"CRYSTAL EMERGES VICTOR!!" Present Mike howled.

The audience roared, people clapped and stood up, heroes nodded in acknowledgment.

Crystal smiled in delight, then made her way back to the bleachers, beside Bakugo. Upon sitting, she retrieved the half broken cookie stowed in her pocket.

She folded the packing and ate the chocolate chip cookie.

 That time it was Mei and Lida's match. She ate the cookie as one would eat popcorn during a movie. Their match was in fact like a movie, not to mention how overly humoring it was. Crystal couldn't stop herself from cracking up.

"Cookie?" She offered Bakugo. He looked up from his phone, then put it down.  He took Crystal's hand and munched the cookie through it. Once he did, he continued to twiddle with his phone, paying it no mind.

Crystal giggled at his meekness. It reminded her of the golden retriever she once had. The little doggo would pounce and eat whatever she could. Unfortunately, the doggo escaped the gate in attempts to follow the guy who fixed the door. Poor little doggo has never been seen since.

The next match determined her next opponent. Todoroki was, of course, the winner. She had to go against a formidable opponent right off the bat.

A few matches went by, some worth watching some as they came out of comedies. Before she knew it, it was her turn again.

"Crystal of the hero course vs. Todoroki of the hero course! All the Best! Start!"

Crystal readied her wings, waiting for Todoroki to attack. Todoroki tapped his foot on the ground, freezing up the cement and forming an iceberg that was supposed to freeze Crystal up.

Crystal swooped up as high as she could, retracting her wings as soon as she could see the city out the dome. She dipped down in the air. At that moment she was out of reach. Todoroki had to touch the ice. He couldn't make it mid-air.

Crystal made use of the time to quickly conjure any of the metal available. Most of the metal she managed to obtain was from the dome. She was hoping none of it was significant in the Dome's structure.

With the amount of metal she had, she had a chance of winning. Even against Todoroki.

A / N

I CANT BELEIVE ALERT GOT RANKED 19 AND 100 VIEWS IN A DAY. MUCH LOVE GUYS! APPRECIATE IT!

In truth, my mom's had like about a hundred dogs so far. It's dwindled down to two as of the moment. My dad made this rule as soon as they got married : From now on you can only have two dogs. An asshat move. OMG. But one of the past dogs, a pug named mushu, followed the milkman out and got lost. T_T