24, Pt II

Kensington

The walls of Garden Lodge were dimly lit by the street lamps, and Lenny peered over the wall as Monica drove past, catching a glimpse of the building he'd be staying in for the next few nights.

It was so well hidden, but he caught a glimpse of the master bedroom window, which was lit.

She parked in the garage of the mews and took him in through the back entrance.

She lead him through the garden by torchlight and opened the front door with the intention of giving him a grand introduction.

But a fluffy, pretty cat with big blues eyes and a bushy cream coat and tail immediately crossed his trail, meowing as she drove into his sister's feet in the dark.

"Oh! Well, Hello Tiffany" Monica was slightly startled, but nonetheless reached down to pet her head as she purred and heat-butted her legs, "Tiffany was a gift from Freddie's ex girlfriend, now his financial advisor" she added, and proceeded to turn the key to unlock the door.

But Lenny was distracted by the splendour of the hallway; it was far from anywhere else he had been in, yet it still had a dash of warmth to it that he couldn't put his finger on.

"Freddie? Phoebe? Kids? We're back!" She called out.

He swore he heard the small voices of his niece and nephew coming from the stairwell in the background that only heightened the anticipation, but no booming singing voice he'd heard on records and the radio. Regardless, he obediently stayed on Monica's trail.

"Do you want to see the room where you'll be sleeping?" She asked.

"Oh, alright" he lifted his suitcase from his feet.

"You're in luck, you're getting the bedroom straight ahead," she smiled as she climbed up the stairs. "The bathroom is right across the corridor from you, first on the right... you'll be sharing it with the twins, I hope you don't mind."

He nodded, "Johnny and Roshni have their own bathroom?"

"Oh yes. Freddie wanted it put to good use... he also didn't want them leaving bath paint or rubber ducks in his beloved jacuzzi bath" she rolled her eyes as she reached a door, turning the knob.

"You have a jacuzzi as well?!"

She held the door back, "Oh yes... step right in."

He looked around at the plain white bedroom with a the biggest mahogany bed frame that he had ever seen sitting in the middle of it.

"I'm sorry it's so plain," she went to pull the curtains together. "Freddie doesn't know what to do with it unfortunately. We just use it to store our old bed from Stafford Terrace"

"It's huge!" He sat down on the mattress.

"Yes well, our current one is of tarantula proportions," she checked the thickness of the duvet, "Hang on a minute, I forgot to change it to the winter one. You're going to need another blanket. Let me check if the hot press has one" she rushed out of the room.

He quickly followed, and suddenly, a small naked figure with a brunette bowl haircut flashed across the corridor in front of him and into another room, a tubby, Brown haired man closely behind muttering along the lines of "Wait! Come back, it's your bath time!"

"Wow, Freddie Mercury really has let go of himself..." Lenny thought.

The man reappeared, the small boy flung over his shoulder, stretching his head away from his bare bottom, "Oh! You must be Lenny! I'm Freddie's personal assistant Peter, but you can just call me Phoebe" he held his hand out and shook, "This is Johnny, your nephew"