Flashback filler-While I'm far away from you: pt 1

1977, A few nights before

"I wish you didn't have to leave," Monica spoke into Freddie's bare chest. "One month of being here, and already you're going"

"It's only for a week, baby" he lifted his head from his pillow and kissed her forehead.

"I know, but Japan is halfway around the world" she whispered, walking her fingers across his shoulder and collarbone.

"...I'll talk to you every day when I can" he promised.

"How will I get through it?" She doubted.

"Think of all the things we can do when I'm back," he suggested, taking her hand and kissing her fingers, "like, when I come back I'm going to buy a car so that we can go on adventures-"

"I thought that the car is for practical means!" She giggled.

"Well, yes, but then Roger invited us to Cornwall for a weekend break mid August, remember there's that too" he smiled, raking his fingers though her chocolate waves.

She smiled back, "That's true"

"And, despite work, we have summer days and nights all to ourselves" he trailed off, and she felt his hands moving to her curves.

She stretched up and kissed his lips, "Seems as though it'll be nights, now that we've both got work"

"Such a pity," he purred, "I do adore looking at you when the lights are on and your clothes are off"

In the dark, she could just about see a naughty gleam in his eyes. But she was too tired to make love at this time of night.

"Tomorrow morning then" she settled back down into his warmth and closed her eyes.

"Alright then" he sighed at the rejection, and tightened his arms around her as he felt a yawn coming along.

A few nights after

6AM

BRRRIIIIING!

Freddie stirred, and groggily reached across the mattress to switch Monica's alarm clock off.

Monica pretended to sleep through it, keeping her eyes glued shut and body still, struggling under the heat of Freddie's breath and body as she felt him hover above her.

He sat up and grunted, rubbing his eyes. He looked over to his right, where Monica lay still on her back.

Her sleeping face was peaceful, but he could see the sadness in her expression by the way her forehead had crumpled slightly.

She had convinced him that she was asleep, for he rolled out of bed and reached down to pick his underwear up off the floor. Then, she heard him limp into the en suite bathroom.

Once the coast was clear Monica sat up a bit and looked around the bedroom for ten seconds. His noteably worn-out suitcase lay open on the floor, nearly empty and yet to be packed. It was a small enough suitcase, and she hoped its size would determine the length of time that he would be in Japan for certain, and how quickly a week would pass.

Freddie stayed in the bathroom for a few minutes to do what he had to do. She heard him groan tiredly as he re-emerged, throwing what she assumed were toiletries into the suitcase.

He bumbled around the room for several minutes after, opening and closing his drawers and wardrobe as he muttered to himself and packed his suitcase.

He drew a sharp breath as he bent down to pick the suitcase up. He left the door open, leaving her able to hear him trod down the stairs, much to her confusion and disappointment at him not at least giving her a kiss on the forehead before getting out.