5

Alec was looking at what Malachi had called The Institute where everything in the camp takes place. It was a huge church that was made out of stone, in the front was an arch and in black, metal cursive spelled "RAZYEL IZ DO." It looked like Saint Patrick's Church back in New York. Magnus was still near Alec but the two men haven't said a word since they arrived. Alec was wondering about who the girl was.

"Alright everyone, it's time to go inside," Malachi instructed.

Everyone was inside and that's when the crowd started to get separated. The guidance counselors and Malachi stood near the doors. Girls were being escorted on the left by a woman who had long, black hair and was dressed in a white robe. The boys were on the right were escorted by a man who had silver hair and was in brown robes. The boys then found themselves in a long hallway with lamps being the only source of light. The man in the robe stood in front of the boy and spoke in a clear but soft voice.

"My name is Brother Zachariah and I will be the guardian of the boys' hall. When all camp activities are done here, all of you are to report back into your rooms for the night."

Brother Zachariah gave a smirk and quickly said: "First come, first serve."

All the boys scurried to get to a room and Alec was the unlucky duck to get the one at the end of the hall. Luckily, Magnus got the room that was near his. Everyone their doors and walked inside. Alec closed the door and looked around to see what was going to be his living space. The walls were gray and there was a bed on the left side. A wooden side table was near and there was a small lamp on it. On the right side of it was a door and when Alec opened it, he saw a bathtub-shower with a sink and a mirror. Alec closed the door and lied down on his bed. There was a small opening with metal bars on it. The opening allowed the sunshine to pour onto the metal floor. Looking around his room, Alec felt like this was a prison. He had no way out, he was alone, and he was going to be in a room with people telling him that gay isn't okay.