12

It had been a while since Jem and Will had left. Alec thought that he was being paranoid but the feeling of something wrong wouldn't go away.

"Alexander, what's wrong?" Magnus whispered.

"Jem and Will aren't back yet," Alec replied.

"That's true," Magnus said.

Magnus got up from the couch and pushed the drapes back to see if Will and Jem were showing up. He looked back at Alec and nodded a no.

"I wonder what's taking them so long," Alec said.

Magnus walked back to the couch and sat next to Alec like before.

"I don't know, if I remember correctly, Jem and I didn't take that long to get over here," Magnus recalled.

A sudden noise came from outside of the room. Alec's heart started to beating, his hand clenching his pants.

"I'm going to see what'g going on," Magnus said. He got up but then Alec pulled him back.

"No, I'm going," Alec retorted.

Before Magnus could say anything, Alec sprinted off the couch and head to where the noise came from.

He ran in and found two familiar girls, one of them was blond and her foot was stuck in the floorboard while the girl with black hair was trying to help her out.

"Who are you two? And what are you doing here?"

"Aren't you Alec Lightwood?" The blonde girl asked.

"Hey, I asked you a question first so you need to answer."

"My name is Helen Blackthorn and this is Aline Penhallow, we're from that stupid conversion place," Helen Blackthorn

"Will and Jem told us to come here so we would be safe," Aline added.

"Well, where's Will and Jem?"

The two girls looked at each other and stayed silent.

"Where are they?" Alec asked again.

Helen and Aline looked back at each other and Helen said: "They were kidnapped by Malachi."

Alec's jaw dropped and shrieked: "What?"

"We almost got out and they gave us directions on how to find this place, they were held back and now we don't know what's going to happen to them."

"By the angel..."

"Alec? Alexander, what's going on?" Magnus asked as he walked inside. He eyes Helen and Aline down.

"Who are these two?"