8

After traveling for a while, Alec was now in front of a huge mansion. No, it was a house in the form of a castle.

"What is this place?"

"Our home."

"Our?"

"Not as in you and me, Lightworm, I mean as in mine and my husband's."

"You keep your husband but you never say his name."

"That's because you need to meet him."

"Well, when is he coming?"

"Soon, now come on in."

Will rushed Alec into the house and when the doors closed, footsteps came stomping down a huge white staircase.

"Daddy!"

A little girl with thick brown hair and gray eyes jumped down one step and ran up to William. William lifted the girl into the air and spun around making the girl laugh.

"Hello, my beautiful Tessa."

After spinning around twice, William put Tessa down.

"Where's Dad?"

"He's still at work."

"And trying to help all the people get out so they can be free?" Tessa asked in the most innocent voice.

"Yes."

Tessa looked at Alec and asked: "Daddy, who's this?"

"This is Alec Lightworm."

"It's actually Lightwood."

Tessa looked up to William and said: "Is he going to be staying here as the others did?"

"Others?" Alec questioned.

"I'll explain later," Will said.

Magnus couldn't believe that Alec had left this place and without him

Magnus couldn't believe that Alec had left this place and without him. Everyone had gathered in the main hall when Magnus heard the news. He could hear the mumbles of people saying of how lucky he got away from this place. Magnus had never felt so alone and now, Alexander was now gone. Magnus was about to go into his room when he felt an arm pull him away from the door. Magnus looked behind him and saw Brother Zachariah pulling him away.

"Brother Zachariah? What are you doing?"

"Taking you out of here."

"Taking me where?"

"You'll know soon enough, now be quiet, we have to be discreet."

"Discreet?"

Brother Zachariah didn't say anything back to him. They just kept on walking all the way out of the building. After a while, they arrived in this huge mansion but to Magnus, it looked like a Victorian castle. Brother Zachariah took his hood off and showed his bright silver hair. Brother Zachariah looked back at Magnus and smiled.