2

Alec was waving goodbye to his family as the bus drove away from his house. He was wearing his usual attire, a gray oversized hoodie, black sweatpants, and tennis shoes. His duffel bag was packed in a compartment underneath the bus. The camp that he was going to was called Raziel's Cure Conversion Therapy. Alec had never thought that he would hear of a conversion camp because he thought they were banned. Nope, turns out there are a ton of them but they remain hidden from the law. It turns out that he wouldn't be alone, the bus driver said that they would have to make a few stops to pick up other kids who need "saving". Alec put on his headphones and started listening to some Ruelle music to calm his nerves. He laid his head on the window to see what went by them. It wasn't long when they made there next stop. Another teenage boy was standing in front of a mailbox. He had a blue duffle bag hanging on his shoulder, he had a light gray shirt on with black jeans and converse shoes. He honey-colored skin, curly black hair, and dark brown eyes. The bus driver opened the door and the boy stepped inside, reluctantly. Alec looked down at his phone so he wouldn't look rude or weird for staring at him. He took off one side of his headphones but was still on his phone. The boy sat behind and the doors had closed. Alec took a tiny look at him and the boy made a glare at him.

"Que estas mirando?"

What are you looking at? Alec translated in his mind. Alec wasn't sure if he wanted to be a lawyer but he did want to be a linguist when he grew up. The idea of learning languages always intrigued him.

"Nada," he replied, quietly. He looked away and stared back at his phone.

After traveling in awkward silence, the bus made another stop. Another boy stepped onto the bus. His hair was spiked all the way up and was covered with indigo streaks. He was wearing black eyeshadow and was wearing a dark gray tuxedo jacket with a dark red scarf. He was wearing black slacks and black shoes. Alec was feeling a rush of heat in his cheeks when he saw the boy's regal appearance.

"Hey, Raph."

"Magnus, good to see you mi amigo."

Magnus sat next Raph and now Alec was left in the awkward moment. Not like it wasn't the first time when he would be alone and nobody would talk to him. The only ones who would ever talk were Izzy or Jace. Other than those two, Alec was a boy that was just there.

Alec then felt a tap on his shoulder and he turned around to face Magnus.

"Hey, blue-eyed person, what's your name?"

Like the dumb and nervous person he was, Alec could only get out a few um's and uh's.

"Well, um uh, I'm Magnus and this Raphael right here."

"We've met when he was looking at me," Raphael said.

"I-It was an accident."

"Raphael, don't start scaring the poor thing."

"Um..."

Alec had his eyes glued to the floor like it was the most important thing in the world. Magnus gave off a small chuckle, Alec looked back up at him.

"You're cute when you're nervous."

"Uh, thank you?"

"Hey, no flirting over here! Remember that you're here to be cured, not to be screwing around with each other!" The bus driver yelled over his seat.

The bus started to move again, Alec thought that this was going to be a long ride.