//11\\

I jolt awake to the blaring noise of my death machine--I mean alarm clock.

I smack the damned thing before I finally turn it off. That thing doesn't help with this splitting headache I'm having.

I sit up and groan, rubbing my temples in hopes to lessen the pain. I got about thirty minutes to get ready, so I hope it'll be gone by then.

I begrudgingly stand up to pick out some random clothes and I hope they look okay.

A shower might help with this migraine. When I'm in the bathroom, I also down some Advil.

The light hurts so I just light a candle and turn the overhead light off. The candle is much better anyway, smells better than an apartment bathroom light. Less light, too.

I strip off my pajamas and look at my body in the mirror.

I had been blessed with a rather small frame--not too fat, not too skinny. For some people, I could look unhealthy, but this is pretty much how I've always looked. I'm not huge and muscular like other guys, which is also why people confuse my gender. My blue hair is also a medical anomaly really--it's genetic. I guess my dad's, also genetic, blue hair overpowered Mom's blonde. I try to not look at my face, though. That's the one thing that makes me different.

I also see the red, scarred lines up and down my arm. I tear up before harshly rubbing the tears away.

I turn away from the mirror and run some water. Instead of the usual scolding heat, I make it lukewarm and step in.

My hair is oily, but it could go for another day. The blowdryer would just make my headache worse.

I hear a buzz from my phone since I brought it in here with me. I quickly finish up my shower and get dressed.

I had grabbed a lemon yellow hoodie with--coincidentally--the picture for Cavetown's album Lemon Boy. I also just have some ripped black jeans and my converse.

The message was from Larry that said he wasn't gonna be at school today. He was gonna spend more time with Claire today.

I just said okay and that I would grab his homework.

I brush out my curly hair and put it in a low ponytail. Eventually, I clip on my prosthetic and head back to my room.

I clip on a few chains to my pants in hopes to look good and fall back onto my bed. I have like ten more minutes so a little nap won't hurt anything. I set a timer for then and doze back off.

I wake back up to my alarm, but sadly, I still have a raging headache.

I hear Dad in the kitchen so I go in and say hi.

"Hey there, buddy," he smiles at me and goes back to making breakfast.

"I gotta head out, seeya later, Dad," I wave and he waves back.

The walk to school is a lot quieter with out my annoying giant to talk to. Normally he's cracking jokes while high out of his mind, but now it's just quiet.

Peaceful, sure, but it feels weird.

I definitely feel more self conscious without Larry here. It feels like everyone's eyes are on me.

It doesn't look like anyone else is here either. Ash would be out front waiting for us, and Todd and Neil would be in the cafeteria.

I go to my locker and get my notebooks for my first period. The paranoia of being alone still lingers, but I try to push it away.

I make my way to first period and only a few other kids are in there. One of them being Travis.

He glares at me then stands up and follows me to my seat. I try to ignore him and sit down, but he slams his hands onto my desk and I jump.

"Oi, faggot," He insults me, "I know you saw me,"

Still, I try to ignore him and lean back in my seat. I'm still very tense, but I put on a facade.

His once calm face contorts into a snarl. He grabs the neck of my sweatshirt and lifts me up. I gasp and look into his eyes.

"You wanna be in a full body cast, freak?" I go to push him off of me but he grabs my arm.

He grabs my arm that has the cuts and I wince. I see his bitch face falter before he just drops me and fast walks outside.

The fuck? I'm still confused about the whole situation, but before anything I check to make sure my bandages didn't open back up.

Thankfully, they didn't. It still stings, though.

Travis comes back in before the teacher gets in here and purposely doesn't look at me. I can tell.

Hey, as long as he isn't beating me into the ground anything is a win.

I get through that class without any other interferences, so it's calmer. I get Larry's work and stop by my locker again.

This time, Neil comes up next to me at his locker.

"Oh, hey dude," I say and close my locker, "where were ya this morning?"

"Todd slept in so I had to go wake him," As if on cue, a very sleep deprived Todd come sulking up.

Neil sighs and hugs Todd by his waist, "Babes, you gotta get more sleep," he kisses Todd's cheek.

"I know, I know," he says and yawns. His eyes have the beginnings of eye bags under them and his clothes are all a mess.

I leave them be and head to second.

10-17-22 update!! i took out the "and being autistic" comment for obvious reasons LMAO
when i wrote this that was a common joke i used, and now i am autistic!