\\18//

"Are you okay, hun?" Adeline asks while sitting me on a bench outside the church house. Cassidy also sits beside me comfortingly.

I just nod and cross my arms over my chest.

Ash cracks her knuckles and makes for the door before Travis and Cassidy try to hold her back.

"LET-- go of me, Phelps!" She says through clenched teeth.

Eventually Donny has to restrain her and calm her down. I want to smile and think 'oh, that's just Ash being Ash', but I'm just a whirlwind of emotions.

I've went to a couple churches in my lifetime, but nothing like this has ever happened.

"I swear, I will knock him out," Ash spits out through gritted teeth.

Oh shit, what if my soulmate was just in there watching? He might come out and try to meet me any second.

"Hey, do you have a pen?" I quietly ask Ash. She nods and hands one to me with a knowing look.

I roll up my left sleeve and write: hey im not gonna be able to meet you today, really sorry

I hand her back the pen and sigh.

Just then, all the people who cane to church come outside and pile in their respective cars and everything.

Preacher Phelps comes out last with a look that could kill.

"Adeline, Travis," He beckons them over and I look over at them. She shakes her head and focuses her attention back on me.

Travis moves a little closer to the group and wraps his arms around his body.

He snarls at us and stomps over. I see that Ash tenses up before standing tall and popping her neck and knuckles.

Instead of going to his wife first like I thought he would, he reaches out to Travis before Ash surprisingly steps in front and blocks him.

"Get out of my way, brat," He glares down at her.

She stands her ground.

"Why don't you back off instead," She crosses her arms and if I could see her face, it would probably be terrifying.

"Travis, come here," He spits out with venom in his voice.

He looks up at him and moves closer to Adeline. "Travis Gerard Phelps, I will not tell you again," He tries to step closer but Ash shoves him away and he actually stumbles.

"Why you--" He raises his hand to slap her before Donny grabs his wrist and pushes him back.

"Do not touch my daughter,"

I decide to stand up and give Preacher Phelps a piece of my mind.

Everyone steps away from him as I walk up there, except for Ash who stays close.

"Fag, you're no--"

"Listen here before you open your shit hole of a mouth," His eyes widen, "If you think whatever the fuck this is, is okay, you need to think again because obviously something's not screwed on right up there,"

He tried to sputter out a response but I'm not finished yet, "Do you think this is really what God wants?"

"It's--"

"I don't think so," I point at him and jab my finger into his chest, "If this is the God that runs the world, he can suck my dick in all honesty,"

His eyes flash with rage.

"Another thing," I jab at his chest again and he stumbles back a step, "You are going to spend years in prison you worthless piece of human scum,"

I point back at Travis, "I'm completely sure you gave him those bruises and cuts," His eyes widen, "that is illegal, and it's called child abuse, heard of it?"

"I also saw how you treated your wife, and I'm scared to see how you act inside your own home," I can tell that this all is getting to him, "that one's called domestic abuse and you could get charged with multiple years in prison along with a pretty expensive fine,"

His face turns pale and he looks over at his son and wife.

I turn back to look at Adeline, Travis, and Cassidy, "We have room in the truck bed for you guys and we can take you somewhere,"

Kenneth doesn't like this idea, "That's kidnapping!"

"No it's not, Travis' mother is with him, and we are aiding Cassidy out of a potentially harmful situation,"

He turns around and stomps away to his car.

"I s-should go back and find my aunt," Cassidy says and runs back into the church building.

"Wait!" I shout, but she's already gone.

I open the tailgate of the truck and help Travis in. Ash said she would sit up front with Donny and Adeline to try and comfort them.

I get a sick feeling in my stomach since I'll be with Travis back here.

I sit on the complete opposite side of him and hold my arms to my chest.

We pull out of the parking lot and Travis rolls up his left sleeve.

He hesitantly shows it to me and my eyes widen. I feel like I'm gonna vomit.

It's my message I sent a few minutes ago.

"What," I stutter, "how?"

He hangs his head, "I d-don't know,"

I move closer to him and shakily give him a hug. He tenses up, but soon hugs me back. I feel wetness on my shoulder.

He pulls away and looks away.

I reach around and unclip my prosthetic before gripping his shirt and pulling him in for a kiss.

Beep— Beep— Beep— Be—

What the fuck?

10-20-22 update!!